Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 54plate R5 2.5TDI with xenons

2 weeks ago the passenger side light failed, warninhg light showed, and was duely replace at VW.

Today the headlight range adjustment warning came up on the display with audible beep. Odd really, as when I checked the handbook, it states that vehicles fitted with xenons, have automatic headlight range adjustment.
It also seems the drivers xenon main headlight has started to flicker (albeit very slightly and very random, my wife has never noticed it, although I have once or twice)

Could this just be an electrical fault ?, as it happened for a week last year when it was very cold, and then vanished.

Thanks for any help.

·
20 Posts
Had the same it was the D1S Xenon HID bulbs they use a starter like a house strip light to get them working and when bulb starts to go it looks like you are flashing at an other car .

I got replacements on e bay from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/hids-direct/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Make sure you get the right bulb for the car and be carefull changing them as you can get a nasty shock from them .

They are very dear bulbs

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
Had the same it was the D1S Xenon HID bulbs they use a starter like a house strip light to get them working and when bulb starts to go it looks like you are flashing at an other car .

I got replacements on e bay from http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/hids-direct/?_trksid=p4340.l2559

Make sure you get the right bulb for the car and be carefull changing them as you can get a nasty shock from them .

They are very dear bulbs
At £18 delivered for the pair (4300K) they look very good value.

·
20 Posts
At £18 delivered for the pair (4300K) they look very good value. You have to wonder about the quality though - I recently got some Phillips 4300's and they were £70 for the pair..
So far they are fine I have had them fitted for about 9 months price diff made them attractive and worth the risk it was like getting two for one so still have one spare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts