Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Inverness today visiting a relative and thought if I had a little time, I would get my parking brake light error looked at as I was sure it was to do with the actual footbrake assembly. So I walks into the service department totally unplanned and at around 4pm. I told the man on reception about my problem and if it was possible for a technician to pop out to look at it as I live far away and happen to be there. The man goes away. Five mins later he comes back and tells me that Dave the technician will be with me in a sec.

Now at this point I expected just for the tech to come out and take a look and then inform me that yes this was a warranty job and that I would have to make another trip (120mile round trip) to get it fixed in the future. How wrong could I be...... Out walks Dave tools in hand including a spare part I spotted. Straight up to the car, releases the handbrake and within a few minutes he had fitted a new gas strut lifterfor the footbrake and problem is solved. A few minutes more for my warranty paperwork to be filed (whilst the sales staff amused my little daughter) and I was on my very merry way.

To say that I was astounded and happy would be an understatement. Never have I ever had service and proffesionalism as good as this. They were sympathetic to my needs and got straight to it and got the job done. So to all the people at HAWCO INVERNESS VW........WELL DONE!! keep up the cracking great service and I will deffo be taking my car there for its servicing in the future.

·
3,680 Posts
You were lucky you got David (he is South African I think) and what he don't know about Tregs you can right on the back of a postage stamp.

However the dealership is just the same as all the rest when it comes to anything major then it all politics.

I bought three Tregs from them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to know Scottie,

I have not used them much really except for this one thing but we will see if they are any better in the long term. The problem with the footbrake is obviously a very known issue with a modified part to fix it (I gave VW Inverness very little info and the mechanic came out spare part in hand) so if there is anybody else out there with a dashboard brake light that wont go off, go and get the piston changed on the footbrake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hawco Inverness !

You must have got them on a really good day.

I put my touareg in with a worn tyre problem and they kept it 11 days, and on the 11th day phoned and asked what i wanted done with the car.

excessive tyre wear normal at 7k on this vehicle.... yeah right !
tyre machine broken.................................... yeah right again !
lazer alignment machine broken...................... yeah right

left me without a car at 6.00 pm after they promised they would deliver my own vehicle back to me that day, checked out of my hotel on the friday to head home, and quote " were closed call back on monday "

members of staff introducing themselves as directors of the company, telling your things over the phone and then saying they did not say that..........

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE........YOU MAY HAVE FORGOT ABOUT THIS HAWCO BUT I HAVE NOT...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Can fully agree with the comments on HAWCO's TREG technician 'David'. In addition to being first rate on technical problems and rectifications he provides the kind of Customer Service Support that is in keeping with a Luxury Car supplier, always willing to provide advice and feedback.
Hopefully his value is recognised by the management and he is accessible to TREG customers as his expertise is the prime reason for continued custom with the dealership.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have had my R50 to Hawcos several times now and i honestly cant fault them, first time was to check the front brake pads, they ordered these in for me, took th 50 back the following week to be fitted, the mechanic there stripped them to be fitted and then told the srvice manager that both front calipers had sticking pistons, so no pads fitted that day and then back a fortnight later to get both new calipers fitted along with my new pads, top man, all under warranty so worked out cheaper as he had to fit the pads anyway when changing the calipers which were done under warranty.

The other times have also been good, courtsey car etc. and all staff really helpful and nothing a problem.

Allround great experience so far with Hawcos.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts