How many miles on your Hankook Ventus?

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Looking good for the hankooks

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
5 years old? Time to check them thoroughly for sidewall cracks and splits in the tread.

Advice from Michelin:

The life expectancy of tyres is impossible to predict. Tyres are made from many different materials and types of rubber which are blended differently depending on the designed use of the tyre. There are many effects that will affect the life of the tyre such as temperature, maintenance, conditions of storage and use, load, speed, pressure as well as driving style. These will have a great effect on the length of service life you can expect from your tyres.

This is why we ask you to pay particular attention to the exterior condition of your tyres, to the regular checking of pressure and to look for anything abnormal in the way that your vehicle drives such as increased vibration, noise or 'pulling' of the vehicle to one side or the other. These effects could reveal the need to replace your tyres.

The most important of these regular inspections is checking your tyre pressures. It is recommended that all your tyres, including the spare, trailer tyres, caravans and motorhomes, are inspected by a tyre professional regularly to ensure that they achieve their maximum service life.

After 5 years or more in service, your tyres should be thoroughly inspected at least once per year and if the need arises follow the recommendations of the vehicle manufacturer in regards of replacing the original equipment tyres.

As a precaution, if your tyres have not been replaced after 10 years of service life from the date of manufacture*, it is recommended that you replace your tyres with new ones if the tyres have not already reached their legal limit of wear.

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
I'm sure I read somewhere that the EU is seeking to regulate the replacement of tyres at 5yrs.

Guess that if you still have oodles of tread left at 4yrs and 11months you could have a ripping time wearing them out

Cass

·
717 Posts
Cass said:
I'm sure I read somewhere that the EU is seeking to regulate the replacement of tyres at 5yrs.

Guess that if you still have oodles of tread left at 4yrs and 11months you could have a ripping time wearing them out

Cass
The EU wanting to regulate???

Tosh

·
Registered
876 Posts
Nobby..
Thank you for the unsolicited advice I am very well aware of the issues and the tyres are in good condition. I do not need a reply...

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
With Tregs now reaching 5 and 6 years old, the next person to buy such a car, especially with low mileage and hence the original tyres, might be glad to know what to look out for if they aren't as clued up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts