Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been trying to trace down a set of 275/45ZR/19 EVO 1 tyres, but with no success. Just completed 25k on this set and would like to stay with them as they are far better that the last two sets of standard pirelli,s that lasted 8.5k

Most suppliers inform me that Hankook say they have none in the country, and there will be a 10 to 12 week lead time. Sorry but can,t wait that long.

Niel at Camskill has suggested the UHP Grabber, any comments welcome.

regards

peter.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Several of us have fitted Grabber UHPs and have been very pleased so far - quieter, more comfortable and good off road grip as demostrated very ably by the Touareg Unlimited team's cars as a dozen or so of us drove in and out of big holes, watersplashes, mud, steep climbs, etc on Sunday when every car had the Grabber UHPs fitted and some were quite worn too as the cars are about to go back to VW next week!

But mine are 255/60/17s and others have been on 18 inch rims. I don't recall anyone on 19s.

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I have Grabber UHPs on 19 inch rims (27/45/R19s)- I got them fitted by event tyres at the end of February- since then I have done about 1200 miles and am very impressed- much quieter than the Pirrelis and over ?400 pounds cheaper.

Cas

·
127 Posts
Same for me, Hankook 285 19s. So far so good.

·
165 Posts
Same here. The few extra mill width even helps protect the rim and they are a closer circumference match to standard 235.65.17 than 275s.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I like the sound of the Grabber's, but ive seen them on a friends Treg and they look a little agricultural. The Hankook Ventus seem to have the edge for me - but i just cant find any. Elite are quoting 2 weeks and Camskill 6 weeks! Any suggestions? im considering the Toyo alternative at this rate, but is that just throwing money away? 275/45 r19 by the way

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
jollyjoe73 said:
I like the sound of the Grabber's, but ive seen them on a friends Treg and they look a little agricultural. The Hankook Ventus seem to have the edge for me - but i just cant find any. Elite are quoting 2 weeks and Camskill 6 weeks! Any suggestions? im considering the Toyo alternative at this rate, but is that just throwing money away? 275/45 r19 by the way
Joe,
Has your friend got Grabber AT's or UHP's?
The AT(all terrain) tyre does what it says and does look "agricultural" but i didn't think the same applied to the UHP.
I'm going for Grabber UHP in the not too distnt future.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
The UHP has quite an open tread and will give very good off road traction as I know and have also witnessed with the Unlimited Team's Tregs shod with these tyres, but they are exceedingly quiet and very comfortable on the road too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just ordered a set of Hankooks 275x40x20 from mytres.co.uk for ?115 each. There's a promotion on at the moment and they are now only ?100 !

·
Registered
18 Posts
lonspwi said:
I just ordered a set of Hankooks 275x40x20 from mytres.co.uk for ?115 each. There's a promotion on at the moment and they are now only ?100 !
I just got a set too. Despatched from Germany and still loads cheaper than I could get them anywhere else. Arrived in less than a week and fitted locally with no problems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts