Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A 2020 286 v6 with every extra, except pre heater, makes a noise on changing from first to second and 2 to 3rd. It's not always there and generally is more pronounced uphill. Three dealers say its normal. I don't believe them! Its sounds as if but isn't, that the wheel arch protection is flapping against a wheel on take off. The sound is getting less noisy as time moves on. It wasn't there from new, it developed after about 4 months. Ideas please? Cheers 馃嵒

Registered
Graunching noises normal??? Hmmm, i'm no mechanic, but if as you say - a) it wasnt there when you first got vehicle and b) its getting worse, then get it back to them to diagnose the problem.

If it was normal - did they advise you of this before taking yoru money, i doubt it. If it was normal - any R&D dept and engineers would have sorted it out straight away.

Can you imagine the sales person telling you - yeah its a great car yada yada yada, but for your 拢60k dont be surpised if you hear graunching when changin up gears??? Who would buy it??? Not many I would guess...

Sounds like them telling you it is normal could be translated to BS.

Dont accept it. Get them to sort it.

Registered
Certainly not a sound I hear on my 2019 286 TDI! No noise when it changes gear at all, apart from the RPM changing.
The exhaust is quite raspy if you're giving it beans, you sure that's not what you're hearing?

Registered
I dont have any graunching noises but I did have a noise from the centre undertray/noise deadening, when it vibrated on the EGR pipe

I could see a mark on the undertray where it was touching the ERG pipe mount and making the noise.

Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts