Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, rocking a 2017 Rline Treg and have just noticed a grating sound (occasionally) when I close the boot coming from the right hand piston that raises and closes the boot.

Sounds as though something is sticking/jamming etc. The boot always closes but it's quite a loud noise.

Anyone else had this? Is this a sign of a part about to fail, or has anyone used wd40 or similar on it and fixed the problem?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Mine
Hi, rocking a 2017 Rline Treg and have just noticed a grating sound (occasionally) when I close the boot coming from the right hand piston that raises and closes the boot.

Sounds as though something is sticking/jamming etc. The boot always closes but it's quite a loud noise.

Anyone else had this? Is this a sign of a part about to fail, or has anyone used wd40 or similar on it and fixed the problem?
Mine makes strange creaking noises but works fine. Tried some wd40 but made no difference so I’ve just left it

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi

If it makes you feel any better; mine also make a rubbery creaky sound sometimes... it's not scratchy though... maybe its debris?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts