Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wasnt sure that I got the best deal, but have just ordered 4 285/45/19 grabbers for ?500 inc fitting and also included is the 4 wheel alignment. Not sure why but the 285 were cheaper than the 275's. Hopefully if their delivery arrives should be fitted today. Thanks for everyones comments in making the choice

:mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
Sounds a good deal - well done

Cass

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Snaga said:
Where from matey?Im down in kent and am having trouble tracking them down!!
From lepson tyres, in gillingham, also RM tyres in medway city estate, but they arent offering the 4 wheel alignment, so although lepson are few quid more, i thought it would be beter to go for the alignment as well

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Good choice of tyres
Good idea getting the 4 wheel alignment as well

·
749 Posts
Sounds like a good deal,

i paid ?568 for 20" tyres all round plus and exta ?140 for the four wheel alignment (done at elite in Essex).

Just make sure the people doing the alignment know their game, i am a little suspicous so might be worth asking questions about what they will do, they should show you a printout before they do anything to show you what needs to be done, the treg is very adjustable down there

That said garages are looking to be busy offerings such as alignment are a good incentive.

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
furion said:
Sounds like a good deal,

i paid ?568 for 20" tyres all round plus and exta ?140 for the four wheel alignment (done at elite in Essex).

Just make sure the people doing the alignment know their game, i am a little suspicous so might be worth asking questions about what they will do, they should show you a printout before they do anything to show you what needs to be done, the treg is very adjustable down there

That said garages are looking to be busy offerings such as alignment are a good incentive.
It would appear that these guys know what they are doing, they've offered to check the wear on the tyres after 1000 miles to check everything is ok, also they are one of the largest wheel refurbishers in the country, so would assume they dont want to tarnish the good rep they have for that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts