Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,

Treg went in for a recall last week. I went to pick it up and they told me the tyres were on their limits, which I challenged, given the car had only done 6-and-a-bit thousand miles (P-Zeros). The dealer said that they'ld have a chat with VW, who have come back today offering 65% of the cost of new tyres.

The dealer has offered me a set of Conti 4x4 Contacts (he first of all offered me the Sport Contact, which I declined, as I know them to be softer than the P-Zeros). These 4X4 Contacts have a wear ratings of 360 (P-Zeros are 300). Has anyone used these, and have any opinions?

Cheers.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Good news.

Which dealer was that?

As I said, I had brand new P-Zeros on my 6000 mile demo when I bought it, all apparently courtesy of VW. Makes me wonder what's going on with VW and their tyres. I've done 1800 miles and the P-Zeros seem to be holding up so far. I'm usually very economical on tyres, so it'll be interesting to see how they hold up for me.

·
749 Posts
I have done about 5000 miles on Bridgestone ER30 with a wear rating of 140 and they are not at the limit yet,

Have a close look at the wear pattern of your tyres and insist they do the 4 wheel alignment with the NEW tyres on.

Excellent of VW to fork out 65% of the cost, makes a nice change to hear something positive.

·
656 Posts
I'm VERY economical on tyres, but after 11K on PZERO's I took a trip to the dealer who offered to pay half the cost on a set of my choice (I chose Hankooks). I've now done 35K on them and there's still about 5K left on them.... except for the front left which has a VERY slow puncture so tends to run below pressure and wear quicker... I've probable got another 2k use out of it and then I'll replace all 4 tyres.... Hankooks again me thinks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts