Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had heard from my father-in-law that the customer service was good here from his experience having his Golf serviced there, so when I got my Treg I though I would give them a go after years of using independant garages after being ripped off by "stealers" in the past.

To date my experiences have been nothing but very good, very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable.

I have had some warranty work which they handled efficiently and then some routine servicing (AirCon and Brake Fluid) which was a reasonable price and to my amazement did not charge me for fitting replacement wipers and replacing a blown fuse (This would have cost me about ?40 at my previous car's dealer)

Rear parking sensors being fitted on Monday, so ordered high level dog guard (no dog, but loads of luggage) which they said they would fit for free whilst it was in for sensors and replace the coat hangar which broke without even quibbling

Service has been quoted around ?280 which appears reasonable

All in all for those in the South Manchester area would recommend you give them a go

·
Elite Member
1,284 Posts
Just had a poor experience with Smith Knight Faye in Stockport so may give them a shot.

Thanks for the info.

·
74 Posts
Recently purchased a Treg from these people and found them to be very good.

Based on the experience I would have no hesitation but to recommend them

·
180 Posts
Shytot.

SKF Stockport are pretty poor to say the least, I've had trouble with both VW & Audi there, but the Hyde branch are great, I would recommend you give them a try, complete contrast to the Stockport lot.

·
Elite Deserter
2,182 Posts
Spares,
I live 5 minutes from SKF Hyde in Godley and wouldn't touch them with a dirty stick, I find they just cant be bothered. SKF Stockport every time for me, they know me by name, always give me freebies, and look after the car well. Nothing ever seems too much trouble.

·
180 Posts
Spares,
I live 5 minutes from SKF Hyde in Godley and wouldn't touch them with a dirty stick, I find they just cant be bothered. SKF Stockport every time for me, they know me by name, always give me freebies, and look after the car well. Nothing ever seems too much trouble.
Amazing. I was gutted when I had to go to Stockport when Hyde was being refurbed cos I'd been stiffed by them previously with my Audi, and true to form I got shafted again !
I've always had great service at Hyde, I've been using them for years (since 1984 with a mk1 scirocco) and even though I might not go in for a year or more with the long service intervals, they always remember my name and are really helpful.
Just goes to show that recomendations should be treated with caution.

·
Elite Deserter
2,182 Posts
I recommended SKF Stockport to my sister, she bought a nice new passat of them a couple of months ago and still gets courtesy calls, everything ok madam, can we do anything more for you etc. etc....

Sure is wierd how they seem to "take" to some people and not others, thinking about though it between my sis and I, we've put over 50 grand in their till. Might have something to do with it !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts