Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a double roller shutter with remote operation on my garage, it doesn’t have a learning button on it, it’s an industrial unit.
Has any managed to get the car button to work with anything similar ?
Not too bothered after 25 years of having it, but would be good to use the car button instead of the one on my keys 😂

·
Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
544 Posts
IME only the original remotes supplied with the motor works. Not a VW in this case but a BMW with factory fitted remote system. My garage door has a rolling code system (which i dont understand tbh) and nothing, other than the original remotes will operate it. Frustrating for sure.

·
Mechanical Guru
2,970 Posts
I have Somfy controllers on my garage doors. The remotes are just the right thickness to tuck between the dash and the steering column without any other fixing. So it stays there permanently and I can just push the button.

Vehicle Hood Car Automotive design Steering part

Attachments

Reactions: Jaycee531

·
Registered
T1 2.5 SE, Sport
544 Posts
But if the electrics aren't in conversation mode, the remotes physical location isnt really important.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Are you sure you even have the door remote module fitted ? as mine has the button but when I dropped the roof light unit there was no module fitted ??

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The original remotes that came with the door circa 1995 were replaced about 10 years ago with ones from maplins amd those were replaced with ones from eBay which are identical to Hyundai ones.
It’s the ones where you have to align the little jump switches in order for them to communicate with the door.
I’ll have another look inside the box and see what’s in there.
No big deal as I have 3 all working on each set of keys for our cars.
As the Touareg only comes out once a week or Less it’s not a big deal 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts