Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of trading mine for a 59 plate Bluemotion. Current 57 plate.

Anyone out there tell me what mpg should go up to or if there are any issues with this model that I dont know about ?

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
was a member posting updates a couple months ago on his V6 bluemotion (try "bluemotion" search) couldnt break the 40mpg if i remember , 37,38 ish average ,
better off buying chasers 2.5 tdi , 40+ on his last run out , its running on wonkas everlasting fuel i think

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
You will be doing well if you can even find a Bluemotion model for sale.

I think Bobe was the user testing his consumption.

·
39 Posts
Well it's gonna be a lot better than my remapped V10, which is awful. I use my V8 BMW if I want to save fuel.....

·
41 Posts
collingdale said:
"V10" and "Fuel consumption" in the same sentance!!!! LOL
PS
Have just sold my boat had her 5 years and all told she cost me ?10 per MILE to own.

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
I see from your title you managed to get the bluemotion.

How is it?

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Love it !!!

Got 7500 on the clock now and the fuel consumption is about 30 - 32 in mixed driving, topped out so far at 34.

My previous non bluemotion got about 28 so quite a good improvement.

No noticeable drop in performance either.

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
How much did you pay for it? I have been wanting a nice Bluemotion for 5 months now but have almost given up and started looking at Altitudes. The only black ones I can find are £40k+

·
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bought at 4 months old ex demp with 1500 on the clock for £32k ish.

Good deal I thought !!

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
The dealer has lent me a 10 plate Bluemotion whilst they are fixing things on my car they should have done before selling it to me and I can say the Bluemotion SE drives differently to the Altitude. It seems to handle better around corners, go over bumps with less bounce and not feel so big to drive. I know the Bluemotion sits 25mm lower but it surprises me it has this much of a difference.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The dealer has lent me a 10 plate Bluemotion whilst they are fixing things on my car they should have done before selling it to me and I can say the Bluemotion SE drives differently to the Altitude. It seems to handle better around corners, go over bumps with less bounce and not feel so big to drive. I know the Bluemotion sits 25mm lower but it surprises me it has this much of a difference.
How about some lowering springs for your Altitude (if you don't take it off road)?
Be interesting to see how it looks and handles after.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I think the blue motion sits on 18" alloys. That would explain the more compliant ride.

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
The standard Bluemotion SE is on 18" wheels but this one has the optional 19" wheels on it.

I have it for the weekend now as they have not finished my car yet. Seems they have had to re-spray the bodywork to get rid of the scratches.

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
The standard Bluemotion SE is on 18" wheels but this one has the optional 19" wheels on it.

I have it for the weekend now as they have not finished my car yet. Seems they have had to re-spray the bodywork to get rid of the scratches.
Any chance of asking them to swap it for the bluemotion

·
mySantaFe
1,056 Posts
Got my Touareg back last week and the engine and drive feels a lot better than the Bluemotion one. It may be better than mine at rolling less but the drive is alot better. The driver who brought mine back and took the Bluemotion back felt my Altitude was a much nicer drive

1 - 16 of 16 Posts