Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Cass has to walk a tightrope as Admin.

I think it's fair enough to write up a poor experience but it needs to be impersonal.
Seems to me from a quick search that praising specific people is permitted. If by highlighting the failings of dealers and naming them is not permitted then the Ts&Cs of this site need ammending.

I am not out to cause problems, but I do have an axe to grind about Derby, wouldnt you if you were me?!? And wouldnt you want to let other know who the people were that have treated you so badly?!?

I had hoped that posting about my dreadful experience might actually help others!

Look - All I ever wanted was a decent vehicle.... And was prepared to pay good money for it. I am the customer after all, I spent my hard earned, I expected a decent product retailed at a decent standard. That was all. What I got was a total lemon. But these days, at least with VW (and no doubt every brand!) that means diddly squat.

As one other contributor said - there will be no repercussions for Derby - so they get to continue doing what they do causing distress, stress, loss of business, inconvenience and expense. Somehow I dont think thats how VW intended the dealer network to operate or the UA scheme. Maybe some peeps do have a good experience, but I definately did not.

Parkway Derby made a pigs ear of it, no doubt VW CS couldnt give a damn and then I get shot down for naming names on an independent forum? Wow!

The content of my post was derived from my last email to them, which also served as a synopsis for VW CS. If Parkway feel I am being libelous, then by all means get me in court and we can see who the judge sides with.

And BTW - the Ts & Cs of this site state that users agree to indemnify the admins....

Maybe Marshalls will come thru, at this point, who knows?!?

Cass, I apologise if I have caused you any problems, please review, edit and delete as you see fit. My issue is not with you, this forum, the terms of use or any other user of this site. You guys have been gents thru and thru, all really helpful and I really value your input and assistance.

Sorry for the rant. Its not you guys or admins, its me getting annoyed and needing to vent. I thought this was a good place to do so. I dont mean that in a rude way, I am just not sure what I have done wrong here. I have only ever stated facts.

Best wishes to you all.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Why not buy a cheap stop gap car then wait for used prices to settle?
Given the worldwide manufacturing issues and used car availability and price increases, that could be quite some time! And time and money I'm not prepared to fork out on a junker, just becasue a VW dealer cant do their job.

·
Super Moderator
15,923 Posts
Davey2021 - I’m re-reading your post again this morning as I have some time and I only locked it temporarily because I was unable to consider it yesterday. You have posted in multiple breads about Parkway, no doubt in frustration and yes, you are perfectly entitled to post about your experiences. This forum isn’t into censorship and my primarily role is to let discussions flow and deal with Spam, which comes in almost daily.

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Hang in there Davey with getting a Treg mate. They really are great cars but can be tarnished by shit dealers, that applies to all makes & models these days, there is a really lack of good old fashioned product knowledge these days at some dealers.

I have been around on here for a good few years, this is the place to share experiences, both good & bad. Censorship by admins is really rare in my experience & only then when someone is being a real dick, definitely not the case here with your crappy dealer experience.

You only have to look & see they still let Nooby post after many years of tell it like it is 😁 & long may that continue (y)

Hope you get a Treg soon

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Hang in there Davey with getting a Treg mate. They really are great cars but can be tarnished by shit dealers, that applies to all makes & models these days, there is a really lack of good old fashioned product knowledge these days at some dealers.

I have been around on here for a good few years, this is the place to share experiences, both good & bad. Censorship by admins is really rare in my experience & only then when someone is being a real dick, definitely not the case here with your crappy dealer experience.

You only have to look & see they still let Nooby post after many years of tell it like it is 😁 & long may that continue (y)

Hope you get a Treg soon
Thanks for you message mate. You are right, there are horror stories with all makes and models.... My other half used to work for Merc!

Typically the TV blew up yesterday, was within 9mm of not getting it in my other halves car. AND (!) when I got back to her car, a Treg was parked next to me AND (!) I followed a Treg almost all the way home!!

Fingers crossed Marshal's come thru!

I'm hanging in there...

·
Registered
307 Posts
Seems to me from a quick search that praising specific people is permitted. If by highlighting the failings of dealers and naming them is not permitted then the Ts&Cs of this site need ammending.

I am not out to cause problems, but I do have an axe to grind about Derby, wouldnt you if you were me?!? And wouldnt you want to let other know who the people were that have treated you so badly?!?

I had hoped that posting about my dreadful experience might actually help others!

Look - All I ever wanted was a decent vehicle.... And was prepared to pay good money for it. I am the customer after all, I spent my hard earned, I expected a decent product retailed at a decent standard. That was all. What I got was a total lemon. But these days, at least with VW (and no doubt every brand!) that means diddly squat.

As one other contributor said - there will be no repercussions for Derby - so they get to continue doing what they do causing distress, stress, loss of business, inconvenience and expense. Somehow I dont think thats how VW intended the dealer network to operate or the UA scheme. Maybe some peeps do have a good experience, but I definately did not.

Parkway Derby made a pigs ear of it, no doubt VW CS couldnt give a damn and then I get shot down for naming names on an independent forum? Wow!

The content of my post was derived from my last email to them, which also served as a synopsis for VW CS. If Parkway feel I am being libelous, then by all means get me in court and we can see who the judge sides with.

And BTW - the Ts & Cs of this site state that users agree to indemnify the admins....

Maybe Marshalls will come thru, at this point, who knows?!?

Cass, I apologise if I have caused you any problems, please review, edit and delete as you see fit. My issue is not with you, this forum, the terms of use or any other user of this site. You guys have been gents thru and thru, all really helpful and I really value your input and assistance.

Sorry for the rant. Its not you guys or admins, its me getting annoyed and needing to vent. I thought this was a good place to do so. I dont mean that in a rude way, I am just not sure what I have done wrong here. I have only ever stated facts.

Best wishes to you all.
Have you contacted Derby trading standards about this one? Nothing might come of it but if there’s too many justified complaints about a specific business placed with them then eventually they may take action,

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Have you contacted Derby trading standards about this one? Nothing might come of it but if there’s too many justified complaints about a specific business placed with them then eventually they may take action,
I have just informed Trading Standards. I doubt it will do much good, but they are now aware...

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Having driven my new (to me) Treg for 750 miles, I am really happy to report the flappy paddles do exactly what they should!

Therefore; I suspect the issues with GX17 GXJ are specific to that vehicle and its 'history' and sub standard repairs.

I'm happy that I have seen the back of that vehicle, but its sad to think that Parkway Derby are highly likely to be shifting the problems onto another new owner.

Maybe they have addresses the shoddy repairs and the fact another dealer will not honour the VW UA Warranty, but somehow I doubt it.

Perhaps we will see the new owner posting on here in the not too distant future...

41 - 48 of 48 Posts