Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
62 Posts
Hi,

I have fitted my v10 surround and mesh today .I thought I would do a how to , as I couldnt find one on here.

1. Pull the vw badge out and unscrew the torx screw behind the badge. Then at the top of the grille situated under the bonnet there are 4 holes, push the plastic studs in the holes to release the upper part of the grille. Place your hand inside the badge hole and release 4 tabs inside the bottom of the grilleby pushing up the tabs. Pull out the grille gently.

Automotive parking light Grille Hood Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire

2. Once grille is removed, there is enough space to get you hands behind the lower grille to release the tabs around the original plastic mesh. Once its removed the cross bar can be cut very carefully with a dremmel type tool, I used an air grinding tool.

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Grille Hood Automotive tire

3. once the cross bar is removed, grind the ends level with the bumper so that the surround can fit flush.

Hand Hood Grille Automotive tire Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive design

Attachments

·
62 Posts
4.Fit the chrome surround into the bumper, this clips in and is stuck on the front with the 3m double sided tape supplied on it. Then fit the mesh, slide it through the gap between the surround and clip this to the tabs on the surround and the tabs behind the bumper which was holding the original mesh.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Grille Automotive tire Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

5. Replace the gupper grille and vw badge. This took about 45 minutes in total.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Top job, Roy

Can I ask how much the grille was and where you got it from? I'm tempted.....

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
I was going to ask also...

Not necessarily for right now but after it's service, etc. is out of the way in a few months..

I'm thinking the chrome will be nice and subtle against my Salt Lake Grey.

·
Elite Deserter
2,182 Posts
Surf,
After all your searching for the right motor, you want to change it already. Its only been on your drive 5 mins mate.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Haha.. As I said.. just curious.. Things I would probably like to do in future...

Would also consider swapping for the bit larger rear spoiler to go with the 'roof bars' for the full SUV style.. Not sure though.

iPod connectivity

Rear parking camera

·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mjstubley said:
Top job, Roy

Can I ask how much the grille was and where you got it from? I'm tempted.....
Hi,

Chrome surround was ?137 inc vat and the plastic mesh was ?43.

Got it from my main dealer, couldnt get one second hand.

Roy.

·
Mechanical Guru
2,879 Posts
I thought I would add my thanks to Roy for this write up. After looking at his pics I decided I would do the same mod to our 2.5tdi Treg and ordered up the parts.
So this afternoon I was able to follow his procedure and complete the job without too much difficulty. The most tricky part for me was fitting the new mesh to the clips on the surround and on the bumper.

Also fitted the longitudinal roof rails as well, very happy with the outcome, I think the car now looks less basic and much less dated.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Did mine already,

Bought a V10 T1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts