Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody any experiences or views on this product..............

http://www.fiscon-mobile.eu/products/rns_510.php

My initial thinking is that it looks quite good and simple. Seems to fully intigrate with the RNS 510 and display on the dash display too.

Andy

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Cas has just had one of these fitted, I believe. It's new so he hasn't been using it that long, but he may have a view already. I'm keeping an eye on it because I've got the dealer fit Parrot kit and I think I'd like to change for this Fiscon thing too one day just for the look of it more than anything.

Chris

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I have been using for a week or so now and must say I am impressed- it works well of the Sat-Nav unit (faster than using the steering wheel buttons) and sounds much clearer that the factory-fit unit in my 2005-55 old Treg.

Regards

Cas

·
55 Posts
I'd be interested on your thoughts about the steering wheel buttons... I haven't got them, am going to get the fiscon as I've had enough of the parrot mki - but was considering getting the phone buttons fitted to my wheel - your suggesting you don't use them and favor the screen... can you share why??

What info gets displayed on the screen behind the wheel (dis???) can you use the wheel on the steering wheel to scroll through contacts of do you use the 510 screen for you selection?

Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the kit, did you install it yourself of pay for that too?

And finally - what phone do you use it with, have you tested the bluetooth audio streaming with it?

Many thanks

Mike

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
I had mine fitted by my VW Dealer as part of the deal to buy the car. They told me the cost was ?450 and that is what is shown within the car invoice but CASS on the forum has been quoted less (see earlier in the thread I think).
As part of the deal I made the dealer retro fit the Phone button on the wheel (the part was ?120 alone) so it was as per factory-fit but I find I dont use the Phone button on the wheel much (you can use it to answer or end a call)- but using the touch-screen seems much easier- when a call comes in a small box appears on screen to accept/reject and using the search facility on the touch-screen to search by letter and touch the contact to dial is much faster than using the scroll-button on the wheel to access the contacts showing in the centre display by the speedo (yours will do this without the extra Phone button).

By the way- if you do decide to have the Phone button fitted I understand it has to be set-up in VAG.COM to work so you may then need a dealer to do some of the work.

I would say it is a good piece of kit.

Cas

·
Super Moderator
15,723 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts