Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At home today and had planned to have a go at detailing my Treg - never done this before and wasn't planning on doing anything special or expecting a great result first time.

So I washed the car with Meguiars NXT Car Wash and dried down - I then needed to go over the car with a Clay Bar as it felt terrible when running my hand over it. This is where I got a big suprise - the Treg was completely covered in tar and other debris.

This is the pic of the clay after doing just one of the rear doors :shock:

View attachment 3 DSC_0002.JPG[/attachment:2lowq26u]

So todays plan to get the car clay bar'd, T-Cut, Polish and Waxed in the morning and then finish off everything else in the afternoon was going to be impossible.

I spent 3 hours with the Clay bar (in fact I ended up using 2 clay bars)

I got as far as T-Cut and Polishing one side of the Treg, but will probably do it again tomorrow as I rushed it.

A couple of pics of before and after;

Before (cleaned and clay barred);
View attachment 2 DSC_0003.JPG[/attachment:2lowq26u]

and a couple of pics after I'd T-Cut and Polished;
View attachment 1 DSC_0007.JPG[/attachment:2lowq26u]

DSC_0017.JPG[/attachment:2lowq26u]

so tomorrow I need to finish the Paint Cleaner, Polish and Wax and then get onto the wheels/tyres, Glass and then interior

At least its great weather for it

Kaine

·
3,680 Posts
T-CUT
NOOOOOOOOooooooooo.

However for a first proper detail it looks a good job.

looking at those arches I would be very tempted to buy some bare bones would make a huge difference to the finished look

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fi - I have also noticed loads of imperfections in the paint work so I might consider getting a pro to do some correction at some point

·
3,680 Posts
Kaine said:
Fi - I have also noticed loads of imperfections in the paint work so I might consider getting a pro to do some correction at some point
only if you intend to keep the car for a while. :wink: :wink: don't mean to sound cheeky but your like me and get fed up with cars keep the pro detail for when you buy a special car that you know you will keep. :wink: :wink:

carwashnwax are showing bare bones in stock :wink:

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
another pic - I did the bonnet too and took this pic - generally the paint finish is quite smooth

pic of house reflection in the bonnet

DSC_0020.JPG[/attachment:195pyg13]

will order now - thanks

·
886 Posts
Kaine,

You wouldn't be trying to have the smartest car for the weekend would you??

Better arrive slowly else we may miss the shine.

I will make sure I park away from you as i don't want to be shown up

Very impressed wiith your results. looks like the hard work was well worth it.

Must remember to bring my " Shades " with me

Cheers

Tom

·
Telemetrically Superb
2,993 Posts
Note to self

I must pay Sergei and Vlad a couple of extra bottles of Slivovits on Saturday so they break out the extra strength Harpic.......

Kaine - You missed a bit

Seriously - looks cracking

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Dammit! I am just not being allowed to live the life I want to live! It's got to stop!

I want to spend half my life 'detailing' my car too; I am a deprived man, I tell you. Between the flippin' gardening, DIY, chickens, dogs, bees, grass, vegetables and other life-ebbing, mind-numbing chores too numerous to mention, my Treg doesn't get nearly enough attention.

I knew that I was in trouble, and that I wouldn't be spending many, many happy hours smoothing and cuddling my lovely Touareg, when her indoors commented that: "Getting it in a light metallic will mean it doesn't show the dirt, darling ..."

Damn your car is shiny, Kaine. I'm going out to get me some 'product' at the weekend!

Chris

P.S. AND I haven't forgotten about your iPhone/house-wakey-uppy/Sonos-playing thingy too ... I dunno exactly what it is but I'm getting me some of that, too.

·
656 Posts
tadpole said:
Must remember to bring my " Shades " with me
Don't forget to wear your shades over your eyes and not covering any bald patches on your head like one particular member did on the MIRA day...... You know who I mean

BTW. Nice job Kaine

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Kaine taht bonnet pic is just amazing.....

Stunning... what a let down the rest of us will be... Think you need to get a proper job...

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
I know you're in the industry, but 2 satellite dishes is a bit over the top isn't it boss, especially on a lovely old property like that...??

Good work on the Treg. If you want the name of a highly recommended detailer then let me know.

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
chrisbin said:
I know you're in the industry, but 2 satellite dishes is a bit over the top isn't it boss, especially on a lovely old property like that...??

Chris,they're not sky dishes..they're the S4treg early warning system.!

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Nimrod said:
chrisbin said:

Chris,they're not sky dishes..they're the S4treg early warning system.!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts