Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just loaded the 2660 version disc into my RNS510 unit but other than the repositioning of the volume bar (I was previously on version 10xx) I don't see any difference. It never wiped the hard drive or the maps as I had been expecting so I'm wondering if it's done it correctly.

Anyone any experiences of a similar nature or am I doing something wrong.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
What happens when you adjust the balance / fader, Andy? Do you get the joystick view, or the old sliders view?

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wurzel said:
What happens when you adjust the balance / fader, Andy? Do you get the joystick view, or the old sliders view?
Ahh, maybe I have jumped the gun. There are a few subtle differences but nothing to get really excited about.

I have, volume indication at bottom of screen, 'joystick' style fader (thanks Wurzel), option to turn off display, and some limited indication of speed limits on the maps but not all roads (running V4 only). Other than that, nothing I think. No clock when the screen is off, no voice control.

Do I need to have the voice control activated with VAGCOM (VCDS)? I got a new mic with the disc but I seem to have one pre wired in the roof console, fwd of the interior lights. Would that be wired all the way down to the RNS510? I cant be bothered pulling it out because the extra loom I have in there for my Parrott kit makes it a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
1,839 Posts
andy5mart said:
Do I need to have the voice control activated with VAGCOM (VCDS)? .
Yes - there are two activations required: one to enable voice control and the other to enable the steering wheel control (pressing the mute/star button to select voice control on).

I can send you the details if required.

·
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
geraout said:
Yes - there are two activations required: one to enable voice control and the other to enable the steering wheel control (pressing the mute/star button to select voice control on).

I can send you the details if required.
That would be great thanks. I don't have the steering wheel buttons so will I just have to use the 'i' button on the unit?

Next I need to find someone locally who has VAGCOM and will kindly help me out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts