Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

RE :- Falken STZ01 255/55/18-109W

I've looked on this forum for tyre recommendations, and notice quite a few users opting for budget tyres in place of the big brands, so I thought I'd share my expieriance of these tyres which I had fitted in August to replace the standard fitment Bridgestone Duelers.
So far I've done 6000 miles on the Falkens, and they are showing no signs of excessive wear, the fronts have 7mm, the rears are still showing 8mm, the same as when they were new. I find the ride quality has improved over the Bridgestones which I found to be quite harsh, the Falkens give a softer ride. The handling and steering response is no different from the Bridgestones, and tyre noise is no worse. The best bit though is the price, a full set of four, fitted and balanced at my home by Event tyres was just ?388.47 inc vat.
I will definately use these tyres again, and thoroughly recommend Event.

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
For full info for other readers, which size and type of Falkens please?

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Check the first line of the post Nooby!

·
Elite Member
1,921 Posts
I would agree with Spares. I recommended Falken STZ01 255 55 18" 109W on here a few months ago and now have 12k on them. I swapped front to back at 8k and still have 5mm all round. I dont hang about and dont really nurse my tyres but these stand up to the abuse well with all the attributes Spares speaks of as well as good snow ability for a relatively street based tyre (they are called Street terrain after all).

I got mine for ?95 inc vat each fitted and balanced via Black Circles as Event dont venture to Sheffield yet.

When I do wear them out I will go for the same again.

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
okrang said:
At first I was going to post a :oops: but I think you'll find the post was edited after I asked the question so we've now got the info I requested.

·
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can keep those glowing cheeks Nooby, Okrang was correct, I posted the details in the first line. The edit was to move the line down one into clear space to make it easier to spot.

·
Elite Member
1,283 Posts
noobytoogy][quote=okrang said:
At first I was going to post a :oops: but I think you'll find the post was edited after I asked the question so we've now got the info I requested.[/quote]

You want to get yourself a warranty on that :oops:

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
Treadwear ratings on Falkens

STZ01 (HR) 420
STZ01 (WR) 300

Treadwear on Grabbers is 360
Treadwear on Hankooks is 420

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
:oops: :oops: and thanks for making much clearer for an old man's eyes!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts