Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Have any of you all knowing Treggers experience of this:-
Have just had the Exhaust Workshop message come up on my MFD when I started the vehicle and then the engine management symbol remains on. Have tried the old 'turn it off and back on again' routine but it keeps telling me the same thing.
All seems to be running as normal, but wondered if anybody else has had this?

G

·
Hi Neil,

From what I've read by Honest John (Daily Telegraph Motoring Section) the problem may be the DPF. He has commented that the filter can become almost blocked by the particulates it is intended to catch and that the exhaust needs a hot cycle to burn them off.

Suggest you try a high revs, high load run....possibly several full throttle acceleration runs....just like we did at MIRA!!!! Or up a local hill a few times. Could be cheaper than a trip to the stealer

Think this smily says it all

Cheers, Andy

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Andy.

The car is booked into the stealers next friday. It's still under warranty so no worry about cost there. however, if the DPF is blocked, a different symbol is displayed and that's when you need to run the car at 2000 revs for about 20 mins.

Any other possible ideas from you treggers?

·
178 Posts
You are right Tregger-Happy. If the DPF is saturated, you will get the warning light coming on and you will have to run the car at speed to burn it off. However, if you do not do this, after a while, another warning light in the shape of two semi circular symbols will come on flashing all the time until it is all reset in the garage.
Maxime

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Strangly, this has rectified itself this morning. No message on MFD or engine light on instrument panel.

Do you think I should still take it into the dealers to have it checked or is there no point if there is no fault showing to be picked up by VAG COM?

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Had a broken jobbie in the exhaust, was reset twice by friendly VW assist man, said as above on long journeys may rectify it... ended up with a trip to the dealers to replace broken valve in the exhaust... quick job, but annoying.

And no DPF needed here....

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh well,

Exhaust Workshop warning was back on this morning, so still off to dealers on Friday.

Does anyone else have experience of this warning?

·
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok...just an up-date.

Treg has been in to the dealers today and was seen to by the excellent Touareg techy, Simon in Cardiff. Apart from the Exhaust workshop fault, they also advised there was an Oil Cooler recall outstanding and a software update.

The exhaust fault was down to an exhaust pressure sensor. This part has been ordered and will be fitted on Monday.

The Oil Cooler has been replaced and the software update carried out..... Not sure what the software update has done (I was just told engine management by the customer service guy at the desk), but whatever it was the gear change between 1st and 2nd gear is now sweet. This was always a dodgy change unless you gave it a certain amount of power, but now it feels more like a V6 gear change.

So-fari-so-goody!

·
178 Posts
I had the second year service done on Monday ( I am on yearly service) and the car will need to go back in for the cruise control to be fixed and an Oil Cooler recall as well.
Maxime

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hipflyguy said:
Had a broken jobbie in the exhaust, was reset twice by friendly VW assist man, said as above on long journeys may rectify it... ended up with a trip to the dealers to replace broken valve in the exhaust... quick job, but annoying.

Your Treg a V8 ???? you don't have a Diesel particulate Filter

D

·
Superman
2,258 Posts
Tregtech said:
Hipflyguy said:

Your Treg a V8 ???? you don't have a Diesel particulate Filter

D
That was the joke.....

·
178 Posts
the car will go back in two weeks' time. Will keep you posted.
Maxime

1 - 13 of 13 Posts