Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based *solely* on feedback on this forum I took the momentous step to fit Grabber tyres (tires?) on our Touareg.
Wow! What a change in handling. Had Continentals on the front and Yokohamas on the rear before.
These not only make the car a lot less "bouncy" but improve ride comfort as well.

Event tyres turned up on time, replaced and balanced the tyres within 2-hours, and took away the old tyres as well.
Thanks to all for their recommendations of Event and also the Grabber UHPs!

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
Excellent!
I've posted before that we can't all be wrong regarding Event and Grabbers.,there are quite a few of us now on GG's and I don't think I've seen a bad review.
Good enough for Touareg Unlimited......good enough for me.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Ditto!

·
430 Posts
Had the same fitted (pre snow) by event and am pleased with tyres/event and performance all round. Hoping for 30k out of them at least

·
66 Posts
My UHP's have been faultless in this latest snow and ice. Fronts seem to be wearing a little too much for my liking. Going to fill them with Nitrogen next week for a trip to the Netherlands cause i am fed up with the constant large fluctuation in pressure with air temp.

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts

·
96 Posts
Kaine said:
anyone tried 20" Grabbers at all?
Does anybody know whether you can actually get 20'' grabbers for the Ayres Rock alloys - only seen them up to 19'' previously ?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Terry from Event turned up this morning, Got a full set of Grabbers (19") fitted and four economies (Nexus?) on the wifes C3 for less money than VW or the local tyre centre wanted for just the Treg. Great Service, both cars done in 1.5 hrs. And the difference is amazing, everything seems quiet and smooth. And I do like the look of the tyres, not quite as girly as the Bridgestones.

I mentioned the forum to him and he said he had done a few Tregs. He did mention that some time ago a BM forum contacted Event and got a code for further discounts (presumably some sort of group menbership type deal). With Kaine's permission i would happily drop them a line to see of we can get some sort of deal for mytreg members.

In other news is 23.7 k on Bridgestones a record ?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Nice one.

Got them comming to work tomorrow to fit a couple of Conti's to the wifes merc & Saturday at home to sort the Treg with 18" grabbers

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
tlj said:
In other news is 23.7 k on Bridgestones a record ?
I'm hoping so - I have them on my car !!!

Cass

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Nice one!

I noticed the difference straight away also. And agree they look great on the Treg.

Glad you got sorted.

·
717 Posts

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts

·
68 Posts
hi bud just ordered 20" grabbers will be here thursday ?114 each 275 45 20 to go on refurbed ayers rock alloys cant wait will keep you posted.
dec

1 - 19 of 19 Posts