Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Im new on form and hope you can help.

Today the Glow plug ligh come on and flashing,and audio bleeb. Message: engin fault-workshop.
I had look under the bonnet but could not see any thing obvious. no loose connections, leaks,ect...

Is there some one in the Manchester area that has a fault code reader or a recomended mechanic apart from the steelers.
If its some thing that can be fix/repaired, then I can do it myself, just need to know fault code/interpetation.

I have a 2.5 TDi that is still standard. So nothing was done/change to set this fault off.

Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, plan B.

This VAG-Com??? Will that interpret fault codes?
Where can I get this soft ware and wat is the cost?
What specific version/code of the VAG-Com do I need? (I hav a 2007 2.5TDI)
What sort of lead/connection do I need to connect laptop to ecu?
And is the ecu in question located on the driver side next to brake fluid resevior uder the grit where bonnet and windscreen meet?

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
You can buy a VW OBD-USB cable from Ebay for about £12.

Download free (but limited) software from Ross-tech and install on a laptop.:

http://www.ross-tech.com/

The cable plugs into the OBD connector which is located under the dash inside the cabin adjacent to the pedals- can't miss it.

This will allow you to view all fault codes, and to reset them, but you need the full version of the software to do anything more ambitious.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks.

The limited soft ware will be ok, so long as I can red fault codes. At least I konow then where to start looking for the faults.

I had a quick look on ebay, there are loads of these cables, will I be ok as long as it is a VW/Audi usb obd2 cable.

Regaeds Tiaan

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
plan B is ok mr bosvark if you have the capability,s to rectify the fault , otherwise you,re wasting time & money finding the answer to a question that then leaves you with another question
these tregs are,nt for meddling on the drive on a sunny sunday morning , ,they,re a bit more complictaed than that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts