Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed the little black cap above the backrest adjusting switch has gone missing
Has anyone had any success in getting a replacement one from VW?
Vehicle Hood Trunk Automotive design Vehicle door
Vehicle Hood Trunk Automotive design Vehicle door

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,927 Posts
It's broken off, presumably by the driver sliding off the seat too heavily - my passenger side cap is broken like that.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Must be a weak point as mine has snapped in the exact same position, luckily I found the broken off bit and glued it back on with some superglue :)

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, that looks like the graphic the parts dept sent me , looks like a different seat with only 3 buttons
Mine has 4 on the panel🥴

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,927 Posts
Thanks, that looks like the graphic the parts dept sent me , looks like a different seat with only 3 buttons
Mine has 4 on the panel🥴
Possibly the difference between the standard R-Line 6-way adjustable seats and the 14-way adjustable "Comfort" seats which were an extra-cost option.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Just noticed the little black cap above the backrest adjusting switch has gone missing
Has anyone had any success in getting a replacement one from VW?
View attachment 37460 View attachment 37460
Mine snapped and its part of the black plastic panel around the switches.

Got a new panel from VW which cost around a fiver, cheapest part for a Touareg according to the parts guy.

Fitting is a bit fiddly but there's a post on here somewhere that describes how to do it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mine snapped and its part of the black plastic panel around the switches.

Got a new panel from VW which cost around a fiver, cheapest part for a Touareg according to the parts guy.

Fitting is a bit fiddly but there's a post on here somewhere that describes how to do it.

·
Registered
197 Posts
3PN is the code for the 14way comfort seats according to the build spec sheet for my car

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,927 Posts
3PN is the code for the 14way comfort seats according to the build spec sheet for my car
There were two versions of the 14-way comfort seats, the cheaper option with Vienna leather and the more expensive with Nappa leather.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Mine are the "Nappa" leather code "WLC"

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
There were two versions of the 14-way comfort seats, the cheaper option with Vienna leather and the more expensive with Nappa leather.
I’ll
I will get back on to them tomorrow
With what i know now 👍

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry no. I just took mine into the dealers, dragged the parts guy out to it and pointed to the panel. We have got a good parts guy in our local dealers mind.
Which dealers is that ?
Maybe the guy will remember and I can get it posted here 👍

·
Registered
9 Posts

It’s the top line, V7P6 882 516 C9 B9, that’s for the drivers side seat switch trim piece, I remember it was fiddly and I completely butchered the old one getting it out, just make sure you have some trim removal tools and some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

It’s the top line, V7P6 882 516 C9 B9, that’s for the drivers side seat switch trim piece, I remember it was fiddly and I completely butchered the old one getting it out, just make sure you have some trim removal tools and some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks
I’ll phone them now 👍

1 - 20 of 22 Posts