Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Excuse this first post, but I have been informed by my local dealer that my car (2005 3.0 V6 TDI) has an outstanding recall issued in 2012 that relates to the ECU being updated. The problem is they can't tell me what it updates, they instead compared it to having a phone update, which is obviously of no use whatsoever. I have also contacted VW direct and they couldn't specify it either.

I was wondering if anybody else has received this update? I've searched the forums with no luck.

The vehicle has been remapped and the DPF removed, so I'm worried I will lose these settings if it has an OEM update.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
229 Posts
I would presume that it may be the 'Dieselgate' emissions update??? :unsure::unsure:

For the removal of the emissions cheat software, many models across the range have had updates, some owners unhappy about lack of power etc

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did ask if it related to emissions and they said no. Perhaps that's the default response. Just seems odd they can't specify the details of an ECU update on something that was issued so long ago.

·
Super Moderator
15,776 Posts
Unlikely to be a Dieselgate update but I’m surprised that neither the dealer nor VW will actually tell you what the recall relates to 🤔

Recalls are usually safety related and should be carried out however it is likely that it might affect your current settings in view of your ‘modifications’ 😬

You could put your VIN into a site like this to see if anything comes up for your year/model:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah they were useless (both VW and the local dealer). Initial contact had me put through to a booking call centre, then I tried the service desk at the dealer itself who just kept repeating it was an update and wouldn't elaborate. Thanks for the link, I will give it a try.

·
Super Moderator
15,776 Posts
Let us know what it actually is if you eventually find out 👍

1 - 6 of 6 Posts