Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Again

New fault, coming down the M3 the car (V10) just lost power could only go about 45mph had to pull over. Skid symbol shows on the screen. Turned off the engine and switched back on and all ok now.

this is the second time in two weeks this has happened. VW diagnosed it as a faulty ECU so they are changing both next week. Luckily warranty still good till end of december, but have now extended for another 3 years for a bargain price of ?800.00 which includes for 36month call assist and MOT test cover.

Just wondered if anyone else has had the same problem

:
:
:
:
:

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
Hi Tony,

Can't say I can relate to the fault however I am interested in the extension of the warranty for 3 years ..

Have you any more detail on that please ??

Domo

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi

It would be interesting what you did on the extended warranty I just took a policy with Warranty direct ?512 for the extra care policy that seems to cover mostly everything and repaired at the dealers it was slightly cheaper in non franchised

Good luck with the repair on the ECu

Ken

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the extended warranty was with Guardian Car - Heritage Automotive in Bristol, obviously it is only as good as the first time i use it, but i did show it to a friend who works in insurance and he said it looks very comprehensive.

it includes MOT Test Cover
36 month call assist
Plan A Prestige Vehicle cover

unlimited mileage for all of above.

hope that helps but any other questions please let me know

tony

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
I'm 16 months off needing warranty cover yet but I did a dummy quote with Warrantywise.
It was endorsed by Quentin Wilson in one of the Sunday papers.
I know that's no recommendation as I don't suppose he does it for free,but the dummy quote I did and the cover seemed very good.
I've got no idea what their financial position is or how easy they are to deal with,so buyer beware, but it might be worth a punt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts