Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations (or products to avoid)? Just need a simple solution for 2 bikes.

I'm expecting that getting two bikes on the roof and lashed down is not going to be easy.... lol!

Thanks!

·
Chairman
20,402 Posts
Use a wheel step.

• Haha
Reactions: calumski

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've just bought a 2nd hand set of Atera wing bars and (once I had them on the right way round!! :ROFLMAO: 🤦‍♂️) are whisper silent. They have the T Track system and so adding bike racks etc is easy. Wife has Thule feet, rack and bike rack and it's good stuff. I have a Thule four bike towbar mounted bike rack just cause I didn't fancy the stuff on the roof all the time. Cost new are £450 + but you get used ones coming up all the time on FB and Gumtree etc. Shout if you want the names of the FB groups and I can ping them over. (y)

Incidentally, bought a 2nd hand Atera box separately from the bars over the weekend and got the whole shooting match for £150, bargain!

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
36 Posts
Any recommendations (or products to avoid)? Just need a simple solution for 2 bikes.

I'm expecting that getting two bikes on the roof and lashed down is not going to be easy.... lol!

Thanks!
Do you have a tow hitch fitted on your Treg? If so why not go with one like in the link below. I'm planning on getting one for mine so I can haul my mountain bike around. Had one for my previous vehicle and loved it.

Link >>>> https://www.amazon.com/Swagman-XTC2-Hitch-Bike-Rack/dp/B001DMJPLO

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses chaps.

Don't have a tow bar on my Treg so gotta be a roof bar solution. Halfords looks cheap, but usable...

Will have a look thru your suggestions and report back.

:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I've got a Thule bike rack here that I found in the garage yesterday if you're interested? Would need feet to go into bars but I can get a pic if you're interested. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts