Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A sunny good afternoon to all

Out of the blue the drivers door on my '54 V10 has dropped a fraction - noticeable because it takes slightly more force to shut the door properly.

Usual questions:
Is this a common problem - anyone else had this on theirs?
is the fix covered on extended warranty?
if not, how easy/expensive is the fix?

best rgds
Nickg

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Is it the door that has dropped or the latch on the door frame that's moved?

Either way, I'd be very surprised indeed if this was covered under any extended warranty.

The only bodywork item covered under Warranty Direct for example, are tail gate support pistons [and definitely not the bonnet ones!]: I know, I've just read the policy document!

·
59 Posts
I had this on one of my Cayenne's when new. It was fixed in a matter of minutes. I think it is quite easy to do by a decent bodyshop bod who has the right tools. The position of the doors are 'adjustable' within tolerances.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi,

I had this after we had the drivers window replaced.(under warranty).too it to local stealer who put me over the road to the bodyshop...the guy took a look,we had a cuppa and before the tea was finished he was back with a nicely aligned door.

suppose it depends on the dood in the bodyshop,but i cant fault the lads in aberdeen....i don't even know if he made out a report about it...as i didnt sign for anything and no cash changed hands

choo for noo

davy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts