Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been getting a strange pong??? hot oil/ exhaust smell???

Wife reckons Turbo on its way, as we have had this before???

I reckon DPF????

Can any one inform ???? as i dont know about DPF, apart from there a waste of time and cost a fortune?????

Maybe i can blank off like the EGR???

Thanks

·
Mechanical Guru
2,874 Posts
I have a DPF on my Audi. I get a nasty smell occasionally, only noticed it once or twice when idling and assumed it's something to do with the DPF either needing or undergoing the forced regeneration cycle. It's never been a problem, no warning light and always goes after a drive.

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chaser said:
I have a DPF on my Audi. I get a nasty smell occasionally, only noticed it once or twice when idling and assumed it's something to do with the DPF either needing or undergoing the forced regeneration cycle. It's never been a problem, no warning light and always goes after a drive.
Cheers Dude, that sounds like what i have experienced.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Yeah I get this occasionally too. Again, sometimes after two or three cold crawls into the office - goes after a run.

As an aside, La Wurzelina says that she likes the usual exhaust smell (weird girl). "It doesn't smell like a normal diesel," says she. And another thing: I dropped her off outside Tesco's the other day and just as she stood by the passenger side door a great gout of smoke issued from the aux heater exhaust and engulfed her (oh, how I laughed).

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
Brilliant - that's even better than trying to get my other half with my rear wash wipe if she walks behind the car.

The washer hole in the third brake light has developed a tiny split which means part of the jet of water is emitted in a neat, thin arc straight out from the rear of the car at ear level. She still hasn't worked out where the water comes from!!

Certainly people are blanking off the EGR on Land Rovers as you can buy kits.

·
1,307 Posts
i was going to suggest that it could be from the aux heater as it is a pretty strong smell when it gets going

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
Wurzel said:
Yeah I get this occasionally too. Again, sometimes after two or three cold crawls into the office - goes after a run.

As an aside, La Wurzelina says that she likes the usual exhaust smell (weird girl). "It doesn't smell like a normal diesel," says she. And another thing: I dropped her off outside Tesco's the other day and just as she stood by the passenger side door a great gout of smoke issued from the aux heater exhaust and engulfed her (oh, how I laughed).
She wasn't in the Air Cav was she Chris?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OnOvrTugiA

·
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
noobytoogy said:
Certainly people are blanking off the EGR on Land Rovers as you can buy kits.
Dont tell me this one is going to me greif???? Ill just make a plate with a 10mm hole to fool the ECU

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
Not sure what you mean about "grief" . . . certainly not from me! I'm not a bluddy tree hugger!!

Suggest you make several and flog them on here . . .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts