Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
To adjust the door hang??

I usually leave a little 1 inch square of wood in the hinge and strain the door closed or nearly closed against the wood . . Works a treat for small adjustments (y)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To adjust the door hang??

I usually leave a little 1 inch square of wood in the hinge and strain the door closed or nearly closed against the wood . . Works a treat for small adjustments (y)
There is a trick to use shims which I think is cleaner.

What year ?
Oh forgot that one, it's a 2008. 7L6 chassis. I'll edit the post.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Font Parallel Technical drawing Rectangle Pattern

Door adjustment
To ensure a correct door adjustment, the door hinge must be loosened on the pillar. Other measures such as raising the door have no effect. Subsequent pressure from above will cause the door to sack again.
The door alignment tool -3320-with the 3320 bit -3320/2- is to be used for this.
If it is necessary to loosen the upper door hinge on the A-pillar from inside, special wrench, long reach -3320/1- can be used. The dash panel must be removed for this. →General body repairs, interior; Rep. Gr.70.
If a new door outer panel is fitted, this is done without the door assembly carrier.
The rear edge of the door outer panel is fitted higher than the rear door by dimension -a-, i.e. about 2 mm.
When the door assembly carrier is fitted, the door will drop by these 2 mm.
Textile Sleeve Gesture Font Art

Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the reply but shims are a verified method to fix this issue on the Touareg, Cayenne and Q7.
Porsche for example sells the shims but they are costly for a small piece of metal.
See here: How to fix sagging driver door
It would also suffice to get the width and height of the shims and I can measure it from there.
I would share the .dxf file of the shims for others to use if I'll be able to make them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here are the files for 3D printing. There should be a way to convert the .stl file to .dxf for laser cutting.

Here are templates with measurements if you don't have access to a 3D printer or a laser cutter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts