Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to have a problem with passenger side door catches. The front door only opens when the handle is pulled twice after unlocking the car by the remote. The rear door is a bit strager. It only sometimes opens after unlocking by the remote - now and again I have to reach inside to operate the internal door catch. The funny thing is that it does't consistantly fail. Intermittant problems are the world worst to try and track down so I was hoping that somebody might point me in the right direction. Thanks.

By the way it's a 06 plate 3l V6.

·
54 Posts
Could be a problem with the auto locking setting, that usually needs you to open with two tugs of the internal handle, may be connected.

Is your auto lock set to lock the doors after you set off ?

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Had the two tug issue (oohh errrr missus) on my drivers door. Sorted under warranty, its the cable inside that stretches.... or at least thats what they told me

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Check your key/central locking settings - I'm sure they can be adjusted to open on 1st pull if you so desire, as with the auto lock setting. Cannot recall if this is a comfort setting issue via the MFI or whether you need to recode with VODS.

If your passenger tries to open the door before you switch off or manually unlock the doors with the door switch - you need 2 pulls to open. Have you read the user manual on this subject ?

Cass

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
There was also a door lock recall on some cars. My 2003 was done last year. All 4 doors took about an hour if I remember correctly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts