Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone considered their position when the analogue signal for radio is turned off??

I am presuming that we will all have to go digital in our ICE equipment!!!! Car audio will all have to be converted

Maybe now is the time to start selling them to be in the right place at the right time

·
Elite Member
1,283 Posts
This is already out there - Pure Highway

I believe that a smaller version is due out.

The 3reg has DAB radio fitted as standard.

Not sure what the after market situation is for a direct replacement in a Treg 1 or 2

·
317 Posts
I recall a post unearthing the fact that the current system has a dormant DAB function. It could be displayed by holding down a button for a length of time. Of little use I think cause it couldn't be sparked up.

Plus there was a post about how a PURE highway DAB fitted nicely into the centre dash console.

·
Honoured Member
2,175 Posts
I recall a post unearthing the fact that the current system has a dormant DAB function. It could be displayed by holding down a button for a length of time. Of little use I think cause it couldn't be sparked up.

Plus there was a post about how a PURE highway DAB fitted nicely into the centre dash console.
There must be a DAB option on the RNS 510 as there is a DAB option in setup.

·
1,307 Posts
it will be 2015 at earliest before analogue signal is turned off, so a long time yet, i wouldn't panic any.

look what happened with the television situation, they told us we needed to by new tv's years ago and it is 2012 before my signal is being turned off.

·
Elite Deserter
2,182 Posts

·
1,307 Posts
if you press and hold the setup button the menu appears. if you hold it longer the secret menu appears depending upon which firmware you have.

·
Elite Deserter
2,182 Posts
Thanx chaps found it, not that it does anything, I just didn't want to think I was missing out

·
1,307 Posts
if you update the F/W this option seems to disapear!!....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts