Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Did you own other VW models before your Touareg?

25K views 53 replies 46 participants last post by  Cass 
#1 ·
Did you own a VW model before you purchased your Touareg?
Yes9569.85%
No4130.15%

#2 ·
Hello,

I'm currently conducting research into Touareg owners and was interested if any of you had previously owned any VW models before you purchased your Touareg? and how long you have been a VW customer for?

Would be really interested in your views

Many Thanks..

#6 ·
Kaine said:
BUAC - a bit of background to who you are and what the research is for will always help - people will be more likely to actually vote if they know where the information is going

Kaine
Thanks for the guidence Kaine - I'm currently conducting research into Touareg owners for a university project; in which I am looking into the role of advocacy and Touareg owners - this reasearch is purley for academic purposes so your help would be greatly appreciated!

If anyone has any thoughts on advocacy in relation to being a Touareg owner I would be really interested to hear your views....such as would you consider yourself to be an advocate of Touareg/VW brand, if so why - what encourages you to act in this way?.........

#8 ·
I bought a Treg because it was understated like the two Classic [Mark 1] Range Rovers I owned [unlike the ghastly taxi-like Mark 2 and the abomination called a Range Rover Sport], far better built, and because it was as cheap as chips with someone taking a 75%+ hit on what they'd paid for it 5 years earlier!

#10 ·
Hi
Yes I have owned VW's for many years my first half dozen were the original Beetles that were pre-owned with some many miles on the clock. I unfortunately was driving at that time up to 35,000 miles a year. Then a Sirocco .. the family had a Jetta and a couple of Golf's. Currently have Golf's in the family. Then on on a personal note an absence for many years Came back into the fold four years ago with the Touareg and a Phaeton.
Currently restoring a 1971 Beetle, in the family from new.
Mainly supporter of because of reliabity although the current models such as the Touareg have had numerous issues.
Hope this helps

#12 ·
I've had a 1990 Golf GTi 8v and a 2004 New Beetle V5 sport edition.
Loved both of them too.
After having an X-Trail too I wanted to blend the 2 and therefore along comes the Treg!! Sorted Yay!

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
had 6 sharans all 1.9tdi 5 in shades of blue and the last one gray

bit late now I know but i have just woken up to slow

#14 ·
6 sharans then a V10 touareg
think they,l put you in the "unpredictable" category but i,m curious , ,what forced the issue? why not sharan no7?

#15 ·
I have only owned one VW prior to my current Touareg though I have been close to VW's for the past 22 years. I had a Golf GTI in the early 90's but a 60mph disagreement with a black horse one dark December night put an end to that. Nearly put an end to me too but for it being a Golf according to the mechanic that collected the remains of my car.

But I digress. You see my girl friend and now wife has owned only VW Golfs since the Mk1 starting with a standard 1.6, then Driver, 8v GTI's, 16v GTI and now R32. My father-in-law is a life long Passat fan too so when I finally got my Touareg it was very much a case of........."aye lad, finally seen sence then and got yer sel a VW?" Can't doubt 'em really as it's by some margine the most pleasing car I've had in 30 odd years of driving.

#18 ·
An original Polo [GLS?] and a 1.9 non turbo diesel 3olf recently scrappaged by a family friend who bought and ran it for another six years. 5 youngsters learnt to drive on that car and it still had the original clutch after over 200K!

#19 ·
Mk1 Gti
Mk3 Gti
Mk5 R32

And I'd have em all back tomorrow !

#20 ·
Which was the best of that bunch, HEHEY?

#22 ·
Has to be the
R32.
Without doubt the best car I've ever owned (well maybe 2nd best
)

#23 ·
Yup,,,,

1 x Touareg 3.0V6
1 x MkV Golf GTI Edition 30
1 x MkV Golf GTI
1 x MKII Golf GTI

#26 ·
This is my first VW I have owned. I have driven Golf's and Passat's before and was close to getting an Audi A4 Avant in 2007 but stayed with BMW.

My car history is:

Vauxhall Cavalier Mk3
Lotus Carlton
BMW E36 M3
BMW E46 M3
BMW 330d M-Sport Touring
VW Touareg

My sister has a Golf but it was the car and the discounts on offer not the brand that me me go for the Touareg.

#27 · (Edited by Moderator)
6 sharans then a V10 touareg think they,l put you in the "unpredictable" category but i,m curious , ,what forced the issue? why not sharan no7?

the need for 7 seats was no more. it was nearly only 5 sharan`s and 2 tregs

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.