Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming from Newcastle Upon Tyne, I would have thought that my local dealer would have been more than willing to source me a car to my requirements, but sadly no.

Using the VW Used Car website, I trawled through several possibles, but settled on a Treg from Des Winks in Scarborough. Very friendly and pragmatic people to deal with and I ended up buying a new Treg Altitude at a favourable price (no part ex).
They are located in a small industrial estate in Eastfield, off the beaten track and are prepared to do a deal. The negotiations and pre-purchase inspection, as well as the handover were all professional and stressless.

I can wholeheartedly recommend this dealership, and in particular the salesman, Paul Dimond and Sales Manager, Marcus Dixon.

Credit where credit's due

Link below:

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/retailers/711/contact

Cass

·
Premium Member
5,737 Posts
top marks to them - I had a similar experience with my local dealers - they were only interested in selling me the cars they had on the forecourt and not what I wanted - ended up driving over 200miles to get mine and well worth it

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Yes. It is a fundamental problem with the dealership system, isn't it? As it happens, by pure chance, our local dealer had a car that I liked and did me a good deal on price, but I can't say they were the type (read: "they were not the type") that would have bent over backwards to help me find the vehicle of my dreams otherwise.

Hmmmn. What we need is a better system. Dunno what it is yet, but I'm working on it. Well, it's my business so I ought to be working on it ... !

Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts