Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recomend - Windrush Maidenhead

I would rather drive all the way to Maidenhead then go to Inchcape in romford.

Stay away from - Inchcape Romford

No attention to detail, questionable technical knowledge, rubbish admin from my personal experiances.

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
Thanks for input furion!

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
I'm with furion on this.
I put my name down for tiguan launch...no further contact from them.
I've been in the showroom talking to the receptionist...she stops mid sentence and takes a personal phone call.
Stores guys are good though.They rang me when my mats came in.

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nimrod said:
Stores guys are good though.They rang me when my mats came in.
That is their job Nimrod, I am sure they made you pay for the mats upfront, now if they has dropped them off and fitted them for you, thats what i would have said is service, or even offered to fit them when you collected them.

I agree on the sales guys, they do try and put things right, however the number of times i have gone back in the last six weeks should have my own desk and salary !!

I dont know how Abridge VW in Loughton are or the dealers further into Essex Chelmsford Colchester, I would imagine Inchcape in Southend is probably the same, well at least i wouldnt want to use them purley because of the name now.

·
111 Posts
Inchcape are in Finacial trouble at present, there was talk of a rights issue to raise funds a while back!!

I agree thou, would'nt take mine to Romford,i get the impression if they never sold you it, they don't want to know!!! :shock:

Unfortunaly the guy/dealership i bought from went skint!!
Nice saleman (Chris) aswell. He also dealt with Kaine.

Lee

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
I found Abridge ok.
They didn't have to sell me anything,I knew what I wanted,so can only comment on the deal.
It was the price I had in mind,I knocked some off,they gave me some freebies.So all ok there.
The price for their 1st service at 450quids was a joke so it went to Caffyns at Haywards Heath who were A1.

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
I've used Windrush, Maidenhead, too for breakdown [propshaft], repairs, parts [if light enough, they'll pop them in the post to save you travelling], and a recall. Very good.

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So here is why .... not in any particuler or order

? Steering wheel crack ? there was a slight hair-line crack from the badge outwards at about 4 o?clock, they investigated and said it wasn?t dangerous but in the process opened the crack so now it looks like its been stabbed with a knife or something, Hamish the manager said there was no way he would replace it but will have their trim guy look at it and patch it up !!

? Check 9D07 Recall has been done ? No stickers anywhere on the car or service book, had them check and they gave me a print out saying it had been done

? Scratches all around car body various panels and bumpers and interior ? Statement was they would fix the scratches, they fixed some by mopping, but others they haven?t managed to budge, after leaving the car with them THREE separate times they have now declined to do anymore, it is better than it was, but they said they would fix them and have now backed out.

? Chrome Strip on rear bumper was badly scratched ? Hamish one of the managers declined to change it at point of sale, i ended up buying one and replacing it myself (sold the dog guard on ebay and that paid for it, i am ok with that)

? Wheel centre caps corroded ? Declined to replace them as car is out of manufacturers warranty and dealer warranty doesn?t cover it, each cap is about ?11 retail, i am going to speak to VW UK.

? Windscreen chips / scratches ? Caused by their valet person, they reckon i scratched the inside of the screen and declined to fix it, they are the only people who have clean the car, i haven?t had it long enough with me to get it dirty inside !! The screen also has two very badly repaired chips in the middle at the bottom, nothing can be done because they already have resin in

? Roof mount DVD unit - wasn?t checked before delivery and it was faulty, it took from 11th March to 17 April to get it replaced

? Scratches on front wood trim passenger side above glove box and centre console ? got them to replace the trim above the glove box but he declined to do anymore

? Scratches in rear door shuts - they fixed it all good

? Dent in rear nearside door shut ? they fixed it all good

? Cover missing from up/down bk/fwd button on front passenger electric seat - they fixed it all good.

? Jammed/Sticky cover rear centre console 12V socket ? They fixed it all good

? Tyres - They replaced three tyres, i am very grateful, however they left the o/s rear with 4mm on it !! had to take the book in and show them it says tyres should be replaced in pairs ? they replaced the tyre no problem all good and apologised.

? Service History ? was missing but was told it definitely had one ? They eventually found the book and it wasn?t stamped, ... so they stamped it .... in the wrong date order !!!

? Mot Certificate ? it took continued chasing for about four weeks to get the cert, and then it was a duplicate.

? Not to mention the countless phone calls, trips in to the dealer and leaving the car with then for 3 separate days since the 11th March.

I am grateful to the sales guy who tried and i am grateful for what they have fixed, but it should all have been done before delivery and if it wasn?t it should have been all been done in one booking in of the car.

I would never buy a car from them again new or used, buy parts or accessories from them, give them mechanical or service work, recommend them to anyone.
Although they have said they want me to be happy !!

I am at the point now where i have given up and am resigned to the fact i have a 2005 Treg with scratches in an out and corroded centre caps !! Perhaps its me may be i am unreasonable.

If i need anything i will travel the 80 odd miles and go to windrush in Maidenhead

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Forgot to mention they said they would give me a years warranty and RAC cover, - Still don have any documents
Up to Yesterday VW UK said they hadnt logged the car as registered to me on their dialogue system, which means i cant get VW UK to address and issues until they do.

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
furion said:
Forgot to mention they said they would give me a years warranty and RAC cover, - Still don have any documents
Up to Yesterday VW UK said they hadnt logged the car as registered to me on their dialogue system, which means i cant get VW UK to address and issues until they do.
Finally got the documents, vw extended warranty and roadside assistance for one year.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Well, a small victory at last!

Sorry about all your trouble. Hope you have many years of joy to make up for the above ...

·
62 Posts
RUBBISH - WAYSIDE VW MILTON KEYNES - CHECK WHAT THEY DID TO MY CAR ON THIS FORUM

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Discovered something naughty regarding service history of my car from a vw dealer and information in service book. Stay tuned, sending a letter today dealer, will do a write up when the ball gets rolling ..... you will be shocked and amazed ...... the world as you know it will never be the same again ... stay tuned.

·
62 Posts
I hope its not the same one that I've been having trouble with, if it is dont hold your breath on getting a reply.. Good luck and hope to hear you achieve want you want to get out of it..

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nimishashar said:
I hope its not the same one that I've been having trouble with, if it is dont hold your breath on getting a reply.. Good luck and hope to hear you achieve want you want to get out of it..
Which one are you dealing with, the pain in the A*Se in my life is Inchcape Harold wood

Check out the false service book thread

1 - 16 of 16 Posts