Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys tried pressing and holding the SETUP button whilst listening to the radio?

On mine, which is running version 1100 firmware currently), when I do this, I get a display where I can switch to, and view the settings for, AM, FM and ... DAB!

So, a) do you get this? and
can you receive DAB broadcasts? I've pressed the DAB button and I'm rewarded with silence...

Interesting? Can it be made to work?

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Is there a software update or, as I suspect, will it require a separate control unit/DAB receiver when DAB comes fully online.

Cass

·
1,307 Posts
does the DAB, not come if you have a digital tuner for the TV!!

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know. It may do; however, what I'm referring to is definitely within the RADIO settings. Try it yourself: just keep the SETUP button held down when the radio display is showing on screen. Be interesting to know if 2660 does it any differently before I upgrade myself.

·
1,307 Posts
sorry....no DAB when i get to the menu you mention, just AM and FM options..

·
135 Posts
Wurzel,

I get the menu that you get too, but the DAB button takes you no further at the moment. It's encouraging though and could mean a future upgrade or feature add is possible. Hopefully adding DAB won't mean ripping the dash apart to hide a 6" square module with 20 connecting leads!!!! :shock:

Andy

·
317 Posts
Reminds me back to when I got the car and the salesman was banging on about a future aftermarket DAB upgrade. Didn't think anymore of it until now.

·
717 Posts
Your car will be a pile of rust before DAB for mobile receivers becomes a valid option. Stick to FM. Better quality.

·
1,307 Posts
Correct me if i am wrong but Vauxhaul of all people have been doing DAB for quite a few years now!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts