Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I've only just discovered this!

I knew that when you pressed + or - when using cruise that the speed changed by 5mph. In fact my favourite game is hitting the exact speed I want (e.g. at exactly at 10 or 5mph) when pressing set so that I only get 1 red light on the speedo ... What? That's not sad!

But my game is ruined. I discovered today that by repeatedly pressing RES or SET the speed can be increased or decreased by 1mph increments.

You all knew that, right? :mrgreen:

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Absolutely - read the manual and it's all in there. Played with cruise and it works just as you have described. Means my right foot now doesn't go to sleep on a long drive

Cass

·
Registered
437 Posts
Wurz, whats the red light you mention on the speedo? On my recent trip to the Run To The Sun event, I travelled down from the Midalnds to Newquay and my cruise went off by itself and the only way it came back on was for me to pull over at some services and turn the ignition off and then re start, it was fine after that.

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, first of all I'd like to ask why on earth you didn't call in for a cup of tea as you journeyed through that well-known corridor-to-Devon-and-Cornwall that is Somerset?

The little red light I'm referring to is the one that comes on, when you set the cruise, around the rim of the speedo at the chosen speed. If you set the speed dead on the tick at say 50 or 55 you just get one light on the rim - corresponding with the speed and all is good in the obsessive world of Wurzel. If, however, you set the speed at say 42 you get two lights: one on the 40 tick and one on the 45 tick. Conversely, this two-light state of affairs sets off my nervous twitch.

Welcome to my world. :roll:

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Didn't have the red lights in the previous treg. Played with it today, didn't know what you meant, until I read your post.
Set it at 56 mph, therefore 2 red lights

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
staffs said:
Didn't have the red lights in the previous treg. Played with it today, didn't know what you meant, until I read your post.
No!!! Two lights = bad

·
135 Posts
Aaaaaahhhhhh!!!! I can't stop doing it now. :roll:

Almost drifted in to the central res trying to get bang on 70mph but had to fine tune with the SET /RES to get the second light off.

One post I wish I had not read.

Thanks Wurzel

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
My +- [on a 53] only does 1 mph per press.

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Kaine][QUOTE="noobytoogy said:
My +- [on a 53, "] only does 1 mph per press.
thats so last year - you need the +-5mph - its the future
[/quote]

Cass

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Wurzel said:
staffs said:
No!!! Two lights = bad
Most good things come in 2s, like boobs, bum cheek, test**les, brain ?( right and left hemispheres). Wife & mistress. Joke & punchline.

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Yeah . . .

but only 1 d**k!

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
But you need the 2 dangling bits to keep it in a straight line

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
and only one ar$ehole too!!

Yep - I know . . . I talk out of it!

·
34 Posts
Hi
All the more reason for the road speed in the MFD to be capable of been altered from kl/hr to mph.
By the way Staffs, I am just down the road in Stafford.
Bryn

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Welcome Bryn to this mad house

·
'Ow bist?
1,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Eh? Who's mad?

·
Chairman