Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wednesday morning took the Treg in to VW crewe for an hours diagnostics / ordering of parts.

I reported the following;

1. Horn not working - Confirmed as warranty item, two replacement horns on order, bumper off job so car will be in for 2 days.
2. Drivers door handle intermittent refusal to unlock on proximity - Treg Technican diagnosed faulty switch in handle, new handle on order under warranty.
3. Hand Brake Release handle broken off - New handle ordered under warranty, plus Treg Technican advised that the hand brake peddle should be replaced in case a stiff release was caused by the foot brake causing undue stress on the release handle, again replaced underwarranty.

Also asked for a brake fluid change to be performed at the same time, chargeable to me @ ?49.

also enquired about cost of Long Life Service No 3, quoted ?295 all in inc Pollen filter change.

Car booked in for two weeks time due to lack of decent loan cars and work commitments.

I took the car in at 08:15 told the service desk i had to be away no later than 09:30 to make a meeting, i left at 09:35

true test will be in just under two weeks time...

...so far so good!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought my Treg from Matt Udale at Crewe, at that time Steve Watson was the service manager and sorted out all my issues without any hassles.
The only letdown we had was when my wife, travelling south for a training course, dropped the car off and got a stuck with a Polo loaner which stunk of smoke. :x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts