Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just been quoted ?270 inclusive of VAT for new front pads and discs for a 2.5 from a 4x4 Independent. Anyone tell me how this compares with VW?

Thanks

·
Chairman
20,048 Posts
Ring up your local dealer and get a quote. Some will price match.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Easy job to do yourself for a lot less than ?270, as long as you are comfortable with your abilities.

As Nooby will tell you -don't mess with safety matters unless you know what you are doing!

I posted a DIY guide in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=6522

Alasdair

G

·
Hi Alasdair,

The linky in that thread is no longer working. I think it's to do with the server/bandwidth problems we had recently.

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
Ok , I have up loaded the file again...

·
52 Posts
For latest pricing as at Jan 2010

VW dealer quoted front pads £218m rear pads £180 and front pads and discs £365 and rear pads and discs £428

Local independant has quoted £120 for front, just waiting for rest and will update

·
Chairman
20,048 Posts
If you are mechanically minded you could do them yourself. There's good posts and pix on here about it.

·
135 Posts
T33 ADS said:
For latest pricing as at Jan 2010

VW dealer quoted front pads ?218m rear pads ?180 and front pads and discs ?365 and rear pads and discs ?428

Local independant has quoted ?120 for front, just waiting for rest and will update
?428 for rear pads and discs!!!

Just got mine done recently under warrenty along with a replacement caliper, following problem with said caliper.

What a stroke of luck!!

·
350 Posts
Front pads done by local garage for just over 100 quid and quoted about an extra 100 quid for discs as well.....VW are just rip off merchants as always....

·
52 Posts
VW local dealer offered to price match local independant as I "was a loyal customer" so I am just waiting for a call to tell me it is all done

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
what kind of mileages are we talking here , my 2005 R5 has 33k on & i,m unsure whether any pads or discs have been replaced , i have 3 months VW warranty remaining & plan to have it mot,d with them before that expires in case of any work they are liable for , in the past at M - benz at mot time they have pulled discs & pads yet no dash light has shown prior

·
180 Posts
Just bought front Mintex pads & sensors for ?86.00 from a local factor, although when I opened the box the pads are branded as Pagid. Mine has Brembo calipers with two retaining pins in each.( Quoted ?130.00 for pads & ?16.00 for sensors from the main dealer. They offered to do the job for ?230.00 all in.) I'm going to fit them tomorrow if I can bring myself to spend an hour freezing to death outside.(Garage too small for the Treg)

Don't know how much discs are though, sorry.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
Bit of an old post resurected but it seems that I will be in need of pads & discs all round.

Cant seem to find any of the "how to" links working to show my local man how, seeing as Worcester VW have just quoted £882 all in, thats with a 10% discount too sir

Anybody got any working links ?

Nearly forgot to ask, does anybody know what the minimum disc thickness or maximum depth of unworn lip is on a Treg. Trying to justify that discs also need changing as well as pads after only 31k

1 - 20 of 43 Posts