Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These guys are the business. They have the most knowlegable laid back sales man you will ever come across ( Rod), as well as 2 very clever technicians ( Ash and Dennis)who will look after you very well, and where nothing is too much trouble. They explain exactly what they have done, and give out handy tips. I have had a 3.0TDI and a V10 from them, and I would recommend them as I will probably buy the next one from there as well. I don't know of any other dealer that offers this sort of service.

jimbo

·
24 Posts
My new vehicle purchased from VW Crewe,After 20 days of new ownership of my 3.0 Tdi Altitude 56 reg, the brake warning light came on, thinking it must be a sensor or something, as the salesman said the vehicle has had 100 point check prior to the sale to me.

I took the wheels off to find the Rear brake pads worn to the wear Indicator wires :shock: Upon calling them,they wanted me to drive 2hours either way for them to Inspect the vehicle, I said that I would take to Cooks of Peterborough, and they would verify that the pads are worn and need replacing under warranty, Duely Cooks reported that the pads were worn,
Here comes the not so good bit ................................
It will be 7 days before we can do the job, Thats O.K book me in for next week, how long will the job take, 2 hours was the reply !!! thats a long time to change the rear pads, as I could do this in 45mins, at ?85.00 ph if I was paying I would have said something. Do you have a loan car I can use, no was the reply fully booked out, OK I will wait in the luxury of the department and read VW mags, and drink copious amounts of free coffee.
Let the clock commence, 9.30am............1st coffee............10.30am..............4th coffee..............11.30am.......
6th coffee an many toilet breaks........12.15pm............I Asked the service dept If the vehicle was ready, NO was the reply we are just starting it !!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: After counting to 10 and preparing to let rip, the service lady says, we can give you a loan car, and you can come back tomorrow, Loan Car ,I thought that you did not have any available !!

Now I think that I have wasted the best part of the day, and as Im a Company Director, I will charge them ?85.00 PH for my wasted time spent at the dealership. To give the Tech, "Ash" credit he was busy with another Treg, its just the admin cockup at fault, Will I go back again,

·
Super Moderator
15,682 Posts
VW don't do luxury vehicles, period.

Should be done under Trades Description Act

Cass

·
24 Posts
Guys, Just a Up-date to my Brake pad problems with VW Crewe.
Got a letter from the Brand manager this morning, (after waiting 12 days ) usual Bla-Bla, Please accept our apologies etc.
Please find enclosed cheque for ????????? by way of reimbursement for repairs carried out at Cooks of Peterborough, also
the Multipoint check that was carried out on my vehicle prior to purchase.

Supprise ! No Cheque or Multipoint list in the envelope

Also I pointed out if the wheel alignment had been checked, as the Techi at Cooks said the Tyres are worn un-even,
the brand Manager of VW Crewe stated in his letter (Quote).............
As a VW retailer, our own experience has not highlighted the wheel alignment is a common fault on the Touareg,
subsequently we do not carry additional checks in this area. :shock:

Im now told that the cheque will be sent within the next 7 days, as they have to find a authorised person to sign the cheque !!! I call this taking the P*** somwhat.

Your views on the wheel alignment issue would be welcome, do you feel that the vehicle should or should not have been checked prior to sale from a VW Main Dealer ?

Please form an orderly queue here............................

·
Chairman
19,976 Posts
Although, it has been pointed out many times, the very nature of site like this is for people to highlight problems, the very fact that so many have pointed out tracking issues [and on other sites too] should indicate to VW that they do indeed have a problem with a vehicle that is designed to off-road and therefore should be able to take knocks in its stride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Cooks was bought by the Robinsons motor group based in Norwich. Does any one know if they kept the Touareg experienced technicians?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts