Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Cape Town!

I'm considering purchasing a 2015 Touareg V6 TDI Lux that has done 168000km to date, which is considered on the high side for its age. I will not be doing very high mileage, so hopefully this will normalise over the next few years.

Any advice? Anything to look out for before signing on the dotted line?

Hope to be a contributing member of this community soon :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hi buddy and welcome. They'll go twice round the clock as long as they've been well serviced - have a good look through the service book and take it for a good run. There's an excellent artice in this forum somewhere about what to look for on certain models, will see if I can find it.

Reactions: Peter.Holloway

·
Super Moderator
16,036 Posts
Buyers guide link contained here:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I decided the Touareg I was originally interested in had a bit too much "wear and tear" for my liking. I then looked at a T4 R-line with Air suspension, which was really nice, but it also had high mileage and signs of heavy use.

I then looked at a T3 with lower mileage, but the price was a bit high for a 10 year old, as well as a T3 with higher mileage, but it clearly had a hard life... and no PDC.

Today I'm looking at another T4 R-line with 138000km... decided it was better to pay a bit more for a newer car. Hopefully this is the one :cool:

·
Registered
99 Posts
There's always a toss up between one that's got what you want at a suitable price and one that's got what you need. ;). I was after the full camera setup but then came across one at 10 years old with only 76K miles, FSH and one relatively careful owner. I don't miss what I never had in the way of cameras. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
So the T4 R-line turned out to be quite a good option... the only thing I could find that didn't work was the seat memory function, nothing happened when the 3 buttons were pushed and no set light came on. I'll have to see if there is an easy fix...

EDIT: Seen some possible solutions... move seat to limits to reset and enable in MMI. I'll take a chance on this, I guess.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So the T4 R-line turned out to be quite a good option... the only thing I could find that didn't work was the seat memory function, nothing happened when the 3 buttons were pushed and no set light came on. I'll have to see if there is an easy fix...

EDIT: Seen some possible solutions... move seat to limits to reset and enable in MMI. I'll take a chance on this, I guess.
Is the seat moving through when you use the various buttons? Two solutions - spend some time fixing it or........ don't worry about the memory side of it and find a partner with the same driving position as you. :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Is the seat moving through when you use the various buttons? Two solutions - spend some time fixing it or........ don't worry about the memory side of it and find a partner with the same driving position as you. :p
No, the seat doesn't move... my wife is not impressed with your alternative suggestion 🤣

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's happening... I should be collecting my 2015 V6 TDI R-Line tomorrow :giggle:

The seat memory not working was apparently a wiring issue, but it has been sorted. I think my favourite feature is going to be the Adaptive Cruise Control!

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
99 Posts
Looks cool... Are they some kind of radar sensors or ACC sensors in next to the fog lights?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Schweet... I had that on a previous car but it weirded me out so much that I didn't use it! Couldn't get used to the car both following the road and braking for me. God I'm such a dinosaur! :ROFLMAO:🤦‍♂️

• Haha
1 - 17 of 17 Posts