Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Here's one of those potentially ridiculous questions, that I'll try to mitigate during my explanation!

Does anyone else get a cold draft from 'somewhere' in the centre console? Not sure if its a problem with the ducting but 'occasionally' regardless of the venting configuration, engine temp or blower setting - I get a cold draft coming from 'somewhere' in the middle of the console. The glovebox is cooled though, so might be an issue with the ducting for that?
Oh, and I noticed this problem before we had this cold weather too

Now, before the smart @rses jump in with the sort of response I would make, can I qualify the following;

- No the heating temperature isnt set to cold!
- No the window/sunroof isnt open!
- No i didnt leave the fridge door open
- And no, its not coming out of the air vents

Cheers

Simo

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
Open the passenger glove box and check that the round flap [in the back and to the right] that keeps it cold is closed!

I cannot remember which way you turn the knurled surround, but it's obvious when it is open or shut.

This is what was causing my wife to complain about a draft last month and I'd forgotten all about this vent.

·
71 Posts
I think I know where you are coming from with this ... have noticed it in the cold weather. Start engine to warm up nicely .... setting set to windscreen to defrost .... vehicle starts to warm up nicely and all is well with the world. Drive off down the road .... turn the screen heat off and set all three buttons i.e floor/vents/screen and I get a sort of drift of cold air around centre console height.... I disappears after a while.

I think it is just pockets of cold air being displaced. I used to get a similiar thing when driving our vans. The cab area would be nice and warm and when you braked hard or went round a corner you could feel the cold air from the back flying into the front it was quite odd. Driving the Treg is too much of an easy life and I now notice these little things, I have to drive with the window down so I dont turn into a wimp!!!

·
118 Posts
I have this problem with my Treg as well.The cabin could be nice and warm and if you then accelerate hard you seem to get a blast of cold air from the centre console area,the wifes got a Touaran and I have noticed the same thing when driving this as well, must be a vw thing.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Jeez I thought it was me.

Exactly the same in mine too, somewhere around the gear stick / satnav area regardless of heater position / settings

·
372 Posts
Me too!! And during the summer with the aircon set at it's coldest, I have noticed an even colder blast of air coming from the vents immediately after cornering.

·
Chairman
19,970 Posts
That's deliberate.

The system knows you were going far too fast and have just broken out in a sweat!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts