Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

Check SAFELOCK! Owners Manual!

82K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Leeeeee 
#1 ·
Hi all

I keep getting this notice in the MFD each time I turn off the ignition. Apparently it has something to do with deadlocking the doors so they cannot be opened from the inside when activated. However, I don't know if the warning message means it is on or it is off. Anyone got any ideas? Also, getting rid of the message altogether would be handy.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yes this is just a warning that locking your doors will activate your Deadlocks, therefore locking anyone else within the car and they wont be able to get out.

Its been a recent thing on Audis in the past few years and is something to do with the Legal side of telling you your about to lock someone in the car.

PS, you cant get rid of it.

#5 ·
Googling the issue suggests that you can turn this off with vagcom.

My T3 doesn't show the message but we also have a 2012 VW CC that does.

It is too "nanny state" for my liking.

DS

#7 ·
still there on the missus's CC after 6 months.

#9 ·
LOL!!

#11 ·
Bloody nanny state.....we'll be warned against driving soon. High risk enterprise.
Agree.

Plus presumably all someone has to do if they have been inadvertently locked in the car, is press the lock/unlock button on the drivers door. Not tricky.

#12 ·
I think the point is that the deadlocks deactivate the lock/unlock button.

Message appeared on the Q5 I had as a loaner plus on the Mrs's new Seat Leon but don't recall seeing it on my (2011) T3.

#13 ·
I think the point is that the deadlocks deactivate the lock/unlock button.

Message appeared on the Q5 I had as a loaner plus on the Mrs's new Seat Leon but don't recall seeing it on my (2011) T3.
Right, I clearly need a guinea pig for some testing!

#14 ·
as far as I can remember, it shows this message every time I switch off/remove key on my T3 Altitude and now into 2 months / 2,000+ miles ...... after this, sadly I will keep looking to see if indeed every time!

#19 · (Edited by Moderator)
Yes. The car knows you haven't RTFM.

Bet you haven't done the gearbox reset either, have you?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.