Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I keep getting this notice in the MFD each time I turn off the ignition. Apparently it has something to do with deadlocking the doors so they cannot be opened from the inside when activated. However, I don't know if the warning message means it is on or it is off. Anyone got any ideas? Also, getting rid of the message altogether would be handy.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Hi all

I keep getting this notice in the MFD each time I turn off the ignition. Apparently it has something to do with deadlocking the doors so they cannot be opened from the inside when activated. However, I don't know if the warning message means it is on or it is off. Anyone got any ideas? Also, getting rid of the message altogether would be handy.
Googling I found this - http://www.vwamarokforum.net/threads/check-safelock-has-appeared-in-my-mfd-what-the-hell-is-a-safelock.1204/

·
Knight of the road
37 Posts
Hi all

Yes this is just a warning that locking your doors will activate your Deadlocks, therefore locking anyone else within the car and they wont be able to get out.

Its been a recent thing on Audis in the past few years and is something to do with the Legal side of telling you your about to lock someone in the car.

PS, you cant get rid of it.

·
Elite Member
1,921 Posts
Googling the issue suggests that you can turn this off with vagcom.

My T3 doesn't show the message but we also have a 2012 VW CC that does.

It is too "nanny state" for my liking.

DS

·
Elite Member
1,921 Posts
still there on the missus's CC after 6 months.

·
Chairman
20,354 Posts
LOL!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bloody nanny state.....we'll be warned against driving soon. High risk enterprise.
Agree.

Plus presumably all someone has to do if they have been inadvertently locked in the car, is press the lock/unlock button on the drivers door. Not tricky.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Agree.

Plus presumably all someone has to do if they have been inadvertently locked in the car, is press the lock/unlock button on the drivers door. Not tricky.
I think the point is that the deadlocks deactivate the lock/unlock button.

Message appeared on the Q5 I had as a loaner plus on the Mrs's new Seat Leon but don't recall seeing it on my (2011) T3.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I think the point is that the deadlocks deactivate the lock/unlock button.

Message appeared on the Q5 I had as a loaner plus on the Mrs's new Seat Leon but don't recall seeing it on my (2011) T3.
Right, I clearly need a guinea pig for some testing!

·
Registered
491 Posts
as far as I can remember, it shows this message every time I switch off/remove key on my T3 Altitude and now into 2 months / 2,000+ miles ...... after this, sadly I will keep looking to see if indeed every time!

·
Elite Member
1,921 Posts

·
Elite Member
1,921 Posts
Right, I clearly need a guinea pig for some testing!
Tried it. Couldnt get out!!

Neighbours now utterly convinced I have lost the plot.

DS

·
Registered
17 Posts
I know this is an old thread but anyone had any luck with this? Picked up my 2012 SE over the weekend and I keep getting the same message...Do I need to check the owners manual?

·
Chairman
20,354 Posts
Yes. The car knows you haven't RTFM.

Bet you haven't done the gearbox reset either, have you?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.