Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it seems to me lads that the r5/v10 engines are getting the incorrect oil put in .if i was u lads id check if u had a recent oil change that they have put in 506.1(0_30)oil only .yours daz

·
Registered
26 Posts
i will wisper this so as to not worry the wife but how serious is it if you put the wrong oil in? what are the results? we bought a t reg mid summer 2008 and have had a lot of trouble with it........
still love it though.
allistair

·
Chairman
20,048 Posts
s4treg said:
i covered this some months ago on here that the R5 must only use 506.01, even opieoils :!: were stating you could use 507.00 until i corrected them on it.
Even my local TPS, which is VW parts distributor wanted to sell me 507.00
I was in Halfords today and noticed they are flogging fully synthetic 5/30 which is specifically marked for long life VW/Audi applications - petrol and diesel - but the small print shows it is 507.

G

·
Having just bought my V10 I am keen to change the oil to be on the safe side so I popped into my local dealer - Autohaus Northampton to see what they had to say. I asked the relevant questions (without giving away what I thought it should be :wink: ) and the parts chappy came back with "you must use LL2 506.01 with it being a V10"
. He had a look but was unable to find any so then continued to call 3 other local dealers who also failed to stock it :x

Anyway, the bottom line is that the V10 takes 11.5 litres of the slippy stuff so he did a bit more digging and found that the best thing for me to buy would be a 20l drum :shock:

So I would like your opinion on the price of ?150+vat for a 20l drum? I make that ?8.63 a litre

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
437 Posts
Well thats sounds good but I wonder how a warranty would hold up if an owner took his own oil when a service was due, the VW guys filled the car and then something went wrong?? Just a thought?

Welcome to the Forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts