Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks. right, i left my nav cd in the glovebox (i had popped it in there for 2 minutes unprotected and forgot about it...doh) When i went to use the system the cd didnt really work, when it put me on the map, it failed to display the roads. i took the disc out and found out it had been pretty badly scratched. tried it again and it wasnt playing ball. it got sick of trying and started to display just an arrow on the screen.

tonight, after ages of doing nothing about it ie, getting a new disk, i thought id try polishing the scratches out.

this seems to have worked to an extent. It now tells me what street im on, so i know it has roads, it hsa navigation to my destination, AND i can find my posiiton on a map and my destination on the map, however, it wont actively show the map during navigation like it once did.

has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi
I had an issue with a Volvo satnav some years ago, I found that copying the defective disc on a computer (I doubt very much whether anybody would have any issues with this breach of copyright as it was for personal use them in the same vehicle) seem to result in a pristine disc which worked perfectly well. The only thing you'll have to check is what format your satnav reads
cheers
Andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts