Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired this 3.0tdi sport I notice that in town or just pulling away from a junction etc
the car wont respond to throttle,unless you just tickle it,it more or less wont answer, then after a slight pause it responds and takes off,this can be quite annoying, also for the drivers behind, as you could quite easily be tail ended ,
apart from this the car drives well,on the motorways etc has anybody experienced this problem
norrie :oops: :oops:

·
Ex-Treg owner
1,984 Posts
Not a characteristic of the 3.0 TDI that I've encountered. Fuel problems? Filter? I'd be straight back to the supplying dealer - it's not right.

By the way, welcome. Hope it's sorted - its a cracking engine for this fine car.

·
96 Posts
Sounds a bit like the way my car is behaving. Unfortunately the supplying dealer is the other side of the country, so I will have to get someone more local to look at it.

·
75 Posts
i experience this problem only in D, not in S or manual mode.

also, normally after breaking and ready to go again, rather than having sat still for a few seconds.

resetting the gearbox learning fixed it for a while, but i think its a "feature" of the gearbox learning your driving style?

i always flick into S mode if i approach a roundabout or junction that i know i need to get away from quickly

·
96 Posts
cpszx said:
i experience this problem only in D, not in S or manual mode.

also, normally after breaking and ready to go again, rather than having sat still for a few seconds.

resetting the gearbox learning fixed it for a while, but i think its a "feature" of the gearbox learning your driving style?

i always flick into S mode if i approach a roundabout or junction that i know i need to get away from quickly
How do you reset the gearbox learning?

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
drjim said:
How do you reset the gearbox learning?
DR JIM,
Put lever in park
Switch on ignition but don't start
Press accelerator to floor for 60 seconds
Foot off gas and start
Hey presto!

·
96 Posts
I'll be resetting the gearbox first thing tomorrow. see if that makes any difference!

Thanks for the explanation, is it somewhere in the manual??

Jim

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
DR JIM
Not sure if it's in the manual,my attention span isn't long enough to read it.
I saw how to do it on the forum some time back,tried it and it works.
Eventually ,of course,unless you change driving style it will revert.
However,when I did it the change was noticeable.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts