Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2.5 tdi was coming up to 2 years old and 10,000 miles
It had 2300 miles on it when i bought it a little over a year ago so my mileage is only about 7000 a year,mainly short journeys.
A couple of months back the service indicator(1st service) came on with a countdown from 1000.
I rang around for prices and found a vast difference for the same basic service work,ie oil and filter change from a little over ?200.00 to ?450.00. A bit steep to drain oil out and replace filter.The 450 quid quotes were my two nearest dealers,both within 5 miles of each other.
Now that is a strange coincidence!
A couple of weeks before the service was due I extended the price comparison,some dealers left me on hold permanently,some didn't ring back, and one thought I was his new best friend as he kept calling me "mate".
The one dealer that came out tops both times I rang was Caffyn's at Haywards Heath.
On my first call to them I was straight through to Service Manager Nick Eade.He was friendly,knowledgeable and gave me instant prices.
On my second call to him 2 months later he remembered my original call and had the notes from it.This all gave me confidence in his garage and I booked the service for today.
The drive there was about 2 hours for me but it was well worth it.
The garage is next to the station so after booking the car in at 8am I got the train to nearby Brighton.
At 12.00 I got a call to say the car would be ready at 1.30.
I returned at 1.30,the car was ready and valeted inside and out.
I was charged ?411.00 in total as quoted
This was for 1st service and safety inspection
Replace pollen filter
Air condition system drain and recharge
Change brake fluid
All carried out with courtesy and efficiency by Jamie the technician and Simon the Service Manager and his staff.
Marks 10/10
Caffyns number is 01444 441594 and ask for Simon Eade .Service Manager.
Well recommended.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Bought my R line off these guys and am still undecided on them.

They moved the deal on me by £550 the day before completing as the manager took my number plate of my Disco part ex down wrong. Instead of my 2006 Disco HSE they valued it for a 2008 Range Rover Sport.

3 weeks later after buying, they still have not sent me my log book, the number of a winscreen repair man to fix a small chip on the windscreen and a different Ipod lead he promised. No contact what so ever.

Flip side is, he did tell me about the finance loophole whereby I did save another £1000 deposit contribution and 3 years free servicing. Must admit I was happy with the deal before he mentioned the finance savings.

Suppose I cant grumble - walked out with a 5 month old £55k motor for two thirds of the original price.

·
Super Moderator
15,678 Posts
Bought my R line off these guys and am still undecided on them.

They moved the deal on me by £550 the day before completing as the manager took my number plate of my Disco part ex down wrong. Instead of my 2006 Disco HSE they valued it for a 2008 Range Rover Sport.

3 weeks later after buying, they still have not sent me my log book, the number of a winscreen repair man to fix a small chip on the windscreen and a different Ipod lead he promised. No contact what so ever.

Flip side is, he did tell me about the finance loophole whereby I did save another £1000 deposit contribution and 3 years free servicing. Must admit I was happy with the deal before he mentioned the finance savings.

Suppose I cant grumble - walked out with a 5 month old £55k motor for two thirds of the original price.
Get on the phone and chase them up

·
Registered
355 Posts
Chased them yesterday and finally got through.

Turns out my log book hasnt been stamped as the car wasnt serviced before I picked it up! Not particularly happy about that but they offered to collect it and do a life shine on it.

Problem is - I have already done a thourogh life shine and I dont particularly want some herbert potentially ragging the car that I own for the 100 mile round trip!

Its done 7k miles and theoreically needs its service in December.

Duont know what to do... Service would be nice but lot of effort and time for me taking it down there.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Just to update - just got off the phone to a very apologetic saleman.

Im going to be taking the car down to them on a Saturday for them to service it and they are throwing in a free set of roof bars for my inconvienience.

Good to see them make a considerable effort to make things right.

·
6,288 Posts
Just to update - just got off the phone to a very apologetic saleman.

Im going to be taking the car down to them on a Saturday for them to service it and they are throwing in a free set of roof bars for my inconvienience.

Good to see them make a considerable effort to make things right.
Now that is worth having..

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yep - love a bit of drive and survive fishing.

LOl - was easy with the Disco! Going to have to be more selective next time!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts