Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there has been some posts on this. But, My 2.5 is comming up for it's 2nd Long Life Service. I have had the Top up Oil light comming on every 3,000 or so miles. Is this usual?
Or should I worry? I also have a AirBag light on, that is costing ?30.00 to get checked!
PS City Gate Ruislip have Quoted ?297.22 for a Second Variable Service, is this the correct Service for a Second Service @ 30K? Long Life.

Kev

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
My second long life service was ?259.85 inc VAT , but that's at West of Scotland prices!
Labour ?94.40
Parts ?23.69
Oil ?103.06
VAT ?38.70

Puzzled though by the need for a long life service at 30k, as the long life interval is 18,000 miles.

What mileage was the first service done at?

As far as the oil consumption is concerned I have only had to add about a litre of oil between services. If you are having to top it up it every 3000 miles there is clearly an issue which needs investigated.
I see your Treg is an '05. Time to buy that warranty ?

Alasdair

·
Chairman
19,971 Posts
One of the characteristics of modern engines is that they can consume oil at quite an alarming rate compared to older engines that used to be run on a diet of gently increasing the revs and changing the oil at 500 or 1000 miles. [I think Subaru still do a 4000 rpm running in period and oil change at 1500 miles.]

A few years ago I bought a second hand 330 BMW with 15K on the clock that was using 1 litre per 1000 miles - it added another 10 pence per mile to my running costs! The dealer agreed to monitor the usage, but the mechanic told me to give it some real welly to clean the bores up.

So after thrashing the living daylights out of it for a couple of thousand miles - a thoroughly enjoyable 2K I might add! - the oil consumption fell to half a litre between 8K services [my choice to change theo il more frequently] and stayed that way to 150,000 when I flogged the car to my mechanic!

So, give it some welly and see what happens!

·
400 Posts
Im the same as nimrod

mine has never needed a topup and its doing 20k service intervals currently @ 75K

·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alisdair,
The Frist service was done in May 07' @ 17,500 miles.
As for Warrenty, I'll ask CityGate. ?????

Kevin.

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Have a look at the posts on "Which Warranty Company are you using" as there are some good deals with Warranty Direct at a fraction of the cost charged by VW, but as yours is (I presume) out of warranty you would have a period of time during which you could not make a claim, to avoid pre-existing faults being claimed (!)

·
106 Posts
In the first 10,000 miles I went through a 1 litre bottle supplied by the dealer.

Carson

1 - 8 of 8 Posts