Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bridgestone ER30 Turanza fitted on 18" Valley Alloys 2.5 R5 SE Sport.

Started with new tyres with 8mm all round after 6451 miles just before i gave the car back to Inchcape depths were

FRONT O/S 6.0MM, FRONT N/S 6.0MM, REAR O/S 6.5MM, REAR N/S 6.5MM

Tread wear rateing was 140, Tyres pressures were as per recomendations on the sticker on the door.

Mixed motorway and around town miles.

The New car is having Grabber UHP x 4 fitted on Saturday.

Furion.

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
At around 1mm per 3,200 miles, then if you had changed them at 3mm, they would have done about 16K.

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which is more than i expected, i thought i would be changing them around 12k if i had kept the car

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
I wonder if the tyre wear rate increases as the tread depth decreases?

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
noobytoogy said:
I wonder if the tyre wear rate increases as the tread depth decreases?
You mean the way the fuel tank empties quicker after half

I was pretty anal about keeping tyre pressures right and not turning the steering while stationary, small things but perhaps make a differance,

·
Chairman
19,968 Posts
Right on all accounts.

I aways find it never seems to take as long to come from somewhere as it does going there in the first place.

G

·
noobytoogy said:
Right on all accounts.

I aways find it never seems to take as long to come from somewhere as it does going there in the first place.
Except Singapore, which always takes at least an hour longer to get back from than to go............................co-incidentally it must be about a 6451 mile trip..

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
Furion, those are good mileages for your bridgestone tyres. I reckon you must "feather" your accelerator and brakes.

·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
staffs said:
Furion, those are good mileages for your bridgestone tyres. I reckon you must "feather" your accelerator and brakes.
No just normal everyday driving, niw and then a bit of welly, Because its was my first suv i did brake cautiousley as i am aware of the two tones that will not want to stop suddenly, and in the back of my mind there was always this thing about the bridges not lasting

1 - 9 of 9 Posts