Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My usual choice of ATE brake discs and pads are currently not available at Euro Car Parts; they seems to be a shortage of left had brake discs.

I've noticed Brembo are a cheaper option for both discs and pads, any good?

·
Lifelong Motorhead
2,880 Posts
My usual choice of ATE brake discs and pads are currently not available at Euro Car Parts; they seems to be a shortage of left had brake discs.

I've noticed Brembo are a cheaper option for both discs and pads, any good?
AFAIK the OE brakes on Touareg are Brembo and seem very effective.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I’ll try and find a stockist of a pair!

·
Chairman
19,922 Posts
As above Brembo discs are OEM along with Pagid pads.

Pagid makes the pads for Brembo as the latter has no friction material production capability.

Many people who gave bought Brembo boxed pads have found PAGID embossed on the steel backing plate!

More recently US owners are finding Nisshimbo printed on the pads as this is the company that owns both Brembo and Pagid along with a number of other well-known brake parts' names.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Both ATE and Brembo front right discs are out of stock.

Perhaps we could assume they are made at the same place/the same item

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Brembo are great quality, when I replaced the ones on my Touareg the disks had a coating that was a bit like glass on the none friction areas which meant they never rusted.

Very happy with them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve seen them mention a black coating, I assume it’s that?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just; also out of stock!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
just to round this off, so to speak, Brembo ( and perhaps others) have discontinued handed brake discs for the 330mm Touareg, and now offer 09.C881.11 as a replacement that fits both sides.

I guess its sign that the model is getting a bit older now.

·
Registered
26 Posts
just to round this off, so to speak, Brembo ( and perhaps others) have discontinued handed brake discs for the 330mm Touareg, and now offer 09.C881.11 as a replacement that fits both sides.
I'd never heard of handed brake discs before I got the Touareg, any know the reason ? Can't be too much of a difference if non handed can be used too, wonder if it's a failed idea or at least not worth the hassle.

·
Chairman
19,922 Posts
The vanes between the two outer disc faces in "handed" discs are angled forward to catch air for better cooling so they are directional like some tyres.

For example: you have to order two left handed Michelin Cross-Climate and two right handed Michelin Cross-Climate when ordering a set of 4 of that all season tyre.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts