Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, im having a totall nightmare - went out last saturday, left car, came back went to take it out of park and the gear lever wouldnt move, called the aa man who came, looked at it, and could get his computer to talk to the car, he checked fuses and replaced a cigarette lighter fuse and by chance something happened and we could take it out of park. I said that that fuse was for the cigarette lighter cnad couldnlt have had an impact on what had gone wrong. He said well my job is to get you going do off you go.

I get home, lock car, go to go out again, and the same thing happens. VW dont want to know unless i take it to them and I explained that I cant move it. there now appears to be water in the passengers footwell, could this be the cause of the problems?

Anyone know what this could be. am getting worried and have a car that I can drive and is worthless at the moment.................................

·
Elite Member
2,327 Posts
A P ,2 solutions / 1) book it in under warranty
2) book it in & prepare to pay
this kind of vehicle needs treatment from those who understand them & not those who know a bit about cars , could just make it worse
sorry if its not what you wanted to hear & let us know how you get on

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks both. dont think car will be covered under warranty as its a 53. I cant see the photos on that thread, can anyone else - sounds l need to do this first...........

·
372 Posts
Andrew, I've just checked my thread and the photo's are loading for me, they just need resized when I get a free minute. If you have any queries on what to do as described above, don't hesitate to give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. My car is a 53 plate too.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Not happy, tried this the weekend after resizing photos - thanks very helpful step by step guide - Sadly No water!!! Dont know what else it could be. I had a mechanic look at it Re: Brake Assist etc and he has managed to get it working or at least get it out of park so I can drive it. Ive decided im changing my car now. will prb go for a newer one and take a hit on mine. If anyone wants a Treg 53 plate on a reduced price in need of attention - let me know -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts