Volkswagen Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My Treg 2.5tdi came out of warranty on the 12th Dec and what happens...... a few warning lights come on yesterday.

The dash is showing "brake assist functions", I have two warning lamps on constantly; a yellow lamp showing a car going down hill diagonally from left to right and also the lamp showing the rear of a car with "skid marks" coming from the back tyres.

I know that I need to take the car to a workshop to get it sorted but has anyone had any experiences involving these warning lamps. Also, considering the time of year, is it safe to drive around for a few days? The brakes seem perfectly fine.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks and Merry Christmas

Hywel

·
Registered
876 Posts
High on the suspect list is the battery, this is one of the symptoms of a low battery, all types of displays occur.
All the lights can disappear after a good run if they still occur after a run then get checked. Also before starting ...ignition on don't engage starter check the volt meter if it is below 12 volts and if after starting the engine the volt meter should be around 14 volts if not then my money is on a duff battery.
Alternative maybe the ABS unit sensor is playing up not that unusual. Good luck.

·
48 Posts
Hi.
I had a similar fault on a R5. problem was resolved with the replacement of a brake pressure sensor valve, the bad news it was a warranty replacement so I cannot advise costs. I would ask the dealer to confirm it is safe to drive the car, he will need to view the error codes from the CAN Bus(VAG Com) and confirm what is actually malfunctioning. The warning lights come on for various errors, some more serious than others.
Dave

·
Premium Member
508 Posts
My first Treg (a 2.5 R5) had this 3 days after I bought it from Danes Chester (it was an approved VW Used car that had only just been serviced and so was fixed under warranty).
The problem was a faulty brake pressure sensor. They could not fit the car in for 2 weeks but told me it was perfectly safe to drive in the mean time.

As your car is only just out of warranty you should try and get this done as a good-will gesture from VW as this is a known issue with the car (particularly when it have recently been serviced)- if you get no joy from the dealer I would suggest giving VW Luxury Customer Services a call and explaining that you know this is a known fault. You could also do a search on this forum to gather more information/evidence and it has been reported on here many times (I did that for the wiper-arm judder problem- I printed off the post from here and gave them to my dealer- problem solved).

Good luck.

Cas

·
Elite Member
3,415 Posts
Hywele,
They told me my car was safe to drive until they got it fixed.
As long as there's no brake fluid leaks and the brakes feel same as normal I would guess it would be ok but only you can make the call

1 - 6 of 6 Posts